Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Heartfelt Quilt Shop in Florida 6/8/13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/heartfelt-quilt-shop-florida-6-8-13-a-t221633.html)

soniboo 05-16-2013 12:17 PM

Heartfelt Quilt Shop in Florida 6/8/13

We have an upcoming get-together at Heartfelt Quilting in Winter Haven on June 8th at 11:00 a.m. If you're earlier or later it's okay because the 11:00 time gives our quilters that drive 2-3 hours time to get there. Someone will be demonstrating how to do a quilt block & we'll be making it (for those who want to) & that afternoon we'll go for lunch together.

Rather than the shop doing our name tags the owner suggested we each design our own & there will be a prize for the winner! It's always a fun time, come join us! :)

Daisy Dew 05-17-2013 04:28 AM

Sounds like a Great Time! A little too far for me though - Hope it's a great time, that really goes without saying doesn't it :thumbup:

oldtnquiltinglady 05-17-2013 07:43 AM

We have a new SUV that has the map thingy, but don't know how to use it. That sounds like a fun road trip for me to encourage my husband to take on. The GKs are getting out of school next week, and that sounds like a fun thing for me and them. What big city is it near--Jacksonville, Orlando, Ft Myers, Tampa????? I'm thinkin' about it--might even be able to get my GD to come with me.

soniboo 05-17-2013 09:48 AM

JoAnn, Winter Haven is basically between Orlando & Tampa, a nice town that also has Lego Land. If you can Mapquest or Google it you'll see it's easy to get to & it'd be great if you (& your GD) could come! I'm sending you a PM.

soniboo 05-17-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Daisy Dew (Post 6068762)
Sounds like a Great Time! A little too far for me though - Hope it's a great time, that really goes without saying doesn't it :thumbup:

It would be a bit of a drive for you, sorry you can't make it. Maybe someday:)

soniboo 05-17-2013 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by soniboo (Post 6067672)
We have an upcoming get-together at Heartfelt Quilting in Winter Haven on June 8th at 11:00 a.m. If you're earlier or later it's okay because the 11:00 time gives our quilters that drive 2-3 hours time to get there. Someone will be demonstrating how to do a quilt block & we'll be making it (for those who want to) & that afternoon we'll go for lunch together.

Rather than the shop doing our name tags the owner suggested we each design our own & there will be a prize for the winner! It's always a fun time, come join us! :)

Heartfelt Quilting & Sewing
365 5th St SW
Winter Haven FL 33880
863-299-3080

quiltedfisherman 09-17-2013 04:20 PM

I hope everyone had a great time. the tags were so creative it was very hard to determine the winner. When is the next trip????