Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Help-Christmas Trip -- Killeen, Tx (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/help-christmas-trip-killeen-tx-t84367.html)

Minister 12-21-2010 01:48 PM

Hi everyone, I am going to Killeen, Tx to surprise my kids and granddaughter for Christmas. They are in the military. Can anyone tell me where the quilting shops are? Also what is the name of their fabric stores there? This will be my first trip there. DH and I will be driving. We will leave very early in the morning. On the way home if I know where some shops at in the different states we go through I might stop. I am in Georgia. I think we will go through Alabama, Miss, and Lou. Thanks you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramona Byrd 12-21-2010 02:00 PM

On a trip to Killeen early this year, my daughter (a 2nd grade school teacher) took me to a WalMart that was really a shopping adventure. There they had masses of sewing stuff and DD finally had to drag me out of that place. I left with several odd shaped templates and sewing gadgets, so many that I had to UPS most of them home!! If you have time, check it out. I'd like to go back there next time I visit.

cherylynne 12-21-2010 02:01 PM

Can't help you with the shops, but I want to wish you safe traveling. Your family will be so surprised!!

BMP 12-21-2010 02:29 PM

Cherylynne, the little guy (avatar) is one of the cutest little guys I have seen !

Prissnboot 12-21-2010 02:33 PM

Google "Killeen TX Quilt store" and you should find something.

Good luck and travel safely - have a wonderful Christmas!

lab fairy 12-21-2010 03:06 PM

I looked up Killeen and found this for you:

Killeen Sew And Quilt Store.
(254) 616-2200

2201 S W S Young Dr Ste 111C
Killeen, TX 76543 31.0946 -97.7211

If you are interested in driving a little further SOUTH, making a run to the Austin area, send me a PM and we can run around to my favorite LQS stores in the area. If I won't be around, I can get you directions/maps, etc.

mltquilt 12-21-2010 03:16 PM

Don't know the route you are taking but if you are going 35 there is a quilt shop in Waxahachie called Common Threads. They have Civil War, 30's and other fabrics. Nice people. There used to be a shop in Salado and it is right off 35. I think it is called the Sewing Basket. Not sure if its before or after you reach Kileen. There is one in Lewisville, TX north of Dallas on 35 called Quilt Country and they have lots of batiks.

mltquit

quiltstodo 12-21-2010 04:39 PM

There's a cute one on Hwy 281 in Hamilton. The one in Waxahachie is nice went there last time I was out there. There is one in Gatesville but can't remember the name of it I will ask my cousin if she remembers and let you know. Have a great trip.

gypsyquilter 12-21-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by mltquilt
Don't know the route you are taking but if you are going 35 there is a quilt shop in Waxahachie called Common Threads. They have Civil War, 30's and other fabrics. Nice people. There used to be a shop in Salado and it is right off 35. I think it is called the Sewing Basket. Not sure if its before or after you reach Kileen. There is one in Lewisville, TX north of Dallas on 35 called Quilt Country and they have lots of batiks.

mltquit

I love quilt country, one of my favorite shops in the north texas area, it's right off the highway so easy to get to. I also like quilt Asylum in McKinney (right off of the highway) and Suzy's quilt shop in Garland.

have fun in texas!!

nonnie 12-21-2010 07:40 PM

Killeen and Temple have the Sewing Basket, the one in Temple is on 57th Street, the one in Killeen off of WS Young. Also Quilting Country on Stan Schlueter in Killeen and The Sewing Basket in Salado off of I-35 Between Belton and Austin. Hope you find them and enjoy your trip.