Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Hill City, SD Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/hill-city-sd-quilt-show-t62506.html)

CindyIL 09-01-2010 06:40 AM

My DH & I are taking an extended camping trip out west & will be in the Black Hills area on 9/12 when Hill City, SD is having an outdoor quilt show. Have any of you been to it before & how did you like it?

I go To The Sea To Breathe 09-01-2010 08:15 AM

I go every year, even in the rain. It isn't fancy, but beautiful quilts and the little town is so historic it is fun to see. They hang the quilts along in front of the stores on the main street and you can just walk along at your own pace and look and look and they have a shop set up in the high school gym with all the local quilt shops there, that gets a little crowded, but they have some good specials and good food. Its all free to go to. Just be prepared for the weather, it is usually really nice, but it has sleeted, then they canceled it. so bring a sweatshirt and water....have fun, Jackie, I live about 25 minutes from there.

CindyIL 09-01-2010 08:32 AM

Thanks Jacki! I have been watching the weather reports, so I know there is a possibility of bad weather, but we liked the whole area when we went to Mt. Rushmore last summer, that we wanted to spend time there again this year. :-P

np3 09-01-2010 08:38 AM

We traveled cross country this summer. That area was my favorite! I think the Quilt Corral at Mistletoe Ranch is near Hill City too.

judith ann 09-02-2010 06:02 AM

Thanks so much for the heads up on this show.We will be camping in the area too.I have this on my to do list.We have never traveled this area so i was wondering what i could find to interest me.Dh wants to see bear country and the Mt. but I had no idea how to find anything.I did a search and also found Quilt Corral at Mistletoe Ranch.Yipee for me!
judy j
http://hardincountykeepsakes.blogspot.com/

JAGSD 09-02-2010 06:06 AM

They are also having an Indoor show (with quilts hanging inside this year) and Sale 9-4 Sat and Sun. with a Vendor Mall.

Also(short distance away) Quilt Corral/Mistle Toe Ranch will be hanging their quilts too in the Garden, they are hanging a lot of the "Quilts for Haiti" (of course depending on weather) Quilt Corral has many Beautiful Fabrics!and definetly worth the stop to check out and enjoy.
Hope you Enjoy the show and area.

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
I go every year, even in the rain. It isn't fancy, but beautiful quilts and the little town is so historic it is fun to see. They hang the quilts along in front of the stores on the main street and you can just walk along at your own pace and look and look and they have a shop set up in the high school gym with all the local quilt shops there, that gets a little crowded, but they have some good specials and good food. Its all free to go to. Just be prepared for the weather, it is usually really nice, but it has sleeted, then they canceled it. so bring a sweatshirt and water....have fun, Jackie, I live about 25 minutes from there.

CindyIL 09-02-2010 10:39 AM

Thanks to all for the heads up on the Quilt Corral/Mistle Toe Ranch! Didn't know about that, so I'm glad I posted about the show. Sounds like it will be a fun weekend! We are also going to check out Bear Country on this trip - getting anxious to get going!

Lucky Lindy 09-02-2010 06:32 PM

Oh there are some fun shops in Rapid City too. Hope you enjoy your trip to the Black Hills!

Ava 09-02-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky Lindy
Oh there are some fun shops in Rapid City too. Hope you enjoy your trip to the Black Hills!

Don't miss the Prairie Berry Winery right next to the Quilt Corral. The wine is made right there.

np3 09-02-2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ava

Originally Posted by Lucky Lindy

Don't miss the Prairie Berry Winery right next to the Quilt Corral. The wine is made right there.

That is good too! We ended up buying many bottles!