Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Hotels in Paducah (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/hotels-paducah-t246005.html)

quiltbug60 04-29-2014 03:13 PM

Hotels in Paducah

Can anyone recommend hotels in the Paducah area
for the show next year. I have never been and I have
6 friends that will be going with me. I will not be renting
a car so any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks...

intoquilting 04-29-2014 03:30 PM

My advice is to book right now because the rooms fill up fast. Some book for the next year as they are checking out this year.

Onebyone 04-29-2014 04:02 PM

I was with my friend at Paducah that rebooked for the next year. I called to book a room after I got home for the next year. I was told the policy was not to book a room that far in advance and I would have to call back in Jan. I said well how did my friend get to book a room before she left? The clerk said that was not allowed it didn't happen. I asked to talk to the manager and he said the same thing. Not allowed. I know she rebooked, I was there. I called her and she called the hotel and told them she did rebook, had a confirmation number. And most all that had a room in the town rebooked and she could get a list of names of all that rebooked at the same hotel as she did. The manager still said it wasn't allowed, not their policy. You won't get to book a room until after Jan. and then all of a sudden there are no rooms left, all booked up. I have an email to the corporate office about this rebooking when leaving and no one is allowed to book before Jan but no rooms available as everyone rebooked. :shock:

sewingsuz 04-29-2014 04:15 PM

Is Paducah in Kentucky? Thanks

leaha 04-29-2014 04:29 PM

yes Paducah is in Ky, far western KY, and the show is great!!

Originally Posted by sewingsuz (Post 6697110)
Is Paducah in Kentucky? Thanks

Julie R 04-29-2014 05:32 PM

I've looked at Expedia and Hotels.com and many are already fully booked.

deedum 04-29-2014 07:36 PM

What is some nice hotels to book at? What about Baymont Inn? Anyone know? I want to book for next year as soon as I can, but not sure where. Thanks

kuntryquilter 04-30-2014 03:37 AM

I rebooked for next year the same day I checked in. The Comfort Inn Suites was rebooking on Friday for next year.

coopah 04-30-2014 04:58 AM

I understand what you all are saying, but what about trying another way since there are 7 of you? Try calling some of the local realtors and see if anyone rents out rooms or even a whole house during the time of the quilt show. We know people who do that in other areas to make a bit of $$. Just sayin' hotels might not be the only way to go. Realtors would also know about bus service, etc.

toverly 04-30-2014 07:13 AM

I've never been but several of my friends make a road trip about every 2 years. They stay in Metropolis across the river from Paducah. If you can't find a spot, that might be a good place to try.