Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Houston Area Members - Where are you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/houston-area-members-where-you-t148624.html)

incoming2me 08-28-2011 05:28 PM

There are several-several-several of us here in the Houston, Texas area.

Aren't we lucky???
I mean, other than dealing with these lovely 100+ temps this ENTIRE month..
We can at least take consolation that the largest Quilt Festival is in our front yard every fall!

I thought it would be great to see who is where..
Wouldn't it be fun to find that another quilter lives near you?
(It's very fun.. M.I.Late and I found out we live in the same neighborhood!)

Also...
I'd like to take an interest inventory..
Would anyone out there be interested in getting a group together for lunch in the Spring/Woodlands area on a Wednesday or Thursday?

Unfortunately, I'm a bit limited in the distance I can travel as DD4 is in Pre-K4 and has to be picked up at 2pm.

I'm located in Spring in the Northampton Subdivision near Klein Oak H.S. :)

craftybear 08-28-2011 06:11 PM

Have fun setting up meet and greets in your area, sew days, shopping trips to your quilt shops and quilt shows.

emerald46 08-28-2011 07:10 PM

Hi Phadrea. I'm out 290 in Blackhorse. Would love to get together with group.

darlenewitt2004 08-28-2011 08:04 PM

Hi! I belong to a group of quilters that meet every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Samuel Matthews Park on Huffsmith. We have quite a few ladies in the group, and everyone does "their own thing". Some days some of the ladies will leave around 11 and go out to eat. The park is very close to you, in case you're not familiar with it. You go north on Kuykendahl and curve left before the railroad track onto Kuykendahl-Hufsmith. After you cross FM 2978, the park is on the left. My daughter lives in North Hampton and has started quilting in the last year or so, but, she works during the day. Anyway, if you'd like to come to our group meeting, you are very welcome!!!

darlenewitt2004 08-28-2011 08:11 PM

Hi! I belong to a group of quilters that meet every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Samuel Matthews Park on Huffsmith. We have quite a few ladies in the group, and everyone does "their own thing". Some days some of the ladies will leave around 11 and go out to eat. The park is very close to you, in case you're not familiar with it. You go north on Kuykendahl and curve left before the railroad track onto Kuykendahl-Hufsmith. After you cross FM 2978, the park is on the left. My daughter lives in North Hampton and has started quilting in the last year or so, but, she works during the day. Anyway, if you'd like to come to our group meeting, you are very welcome!!!

KathyC9511 08-29-2011 04:21 AM

Hi. I live in Northwest Houston close to Jersey Village. I am a member of the West Houston Quilt Guild. Our group meets each Thursday from 9:00 am till about noon. We meet at the Kroger on Hwy. 6 and Little York. The manager of the store lets us use the 2nd floor meeting room for our Thursday bee. Our group makes quilts for nursing homes and children's hospital.

babindg12200 08-29-2011 05:02 AM

Hi, I live just off of West Little York. Can I Join you sometime soon? I am in Illinois right now Babysitting my granddaughter, and won't be home until September. I would love to meet some quilters in my area. I tried the quilters guild, and didn't feel comfortable there.

winipb2 08-29-2011 05:32 AM

Hi am in NW Houston, 249 and Louetta area and have a dear friend in Jersey Village. We would love to get together with your group some time.
I have purchased an ABM Innova 26" LS and am currently patiently (tongue in cheek) waiting for the work man to complete the garage renovation (in 100+ temps) to house my new baby. I need plenty of practice before I can say that I am longarm worthy but looking forward to the day. In the meantime I will be practicing on charity quilts.
Wini in Houston

Abby'smom 08-29-2011 06:52 AM

The Woodlands area -- actually across the highway from the Mall

royllsister 08-29-2011 07:00 AM

Judy here, live in FM1960/Champions area; not too far 249/Louetta area and about 22 miles from The Woodlands. My 92 y/o Mom lives there so I'm there pretty often, lets just say my vehicle could take itself there without a driver, LOL!
Are you all meeting outdoors in the park near FM2978 in this heat?
Judy B