Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   HSN to feature Martelli products on-air, 8/18/2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/hsn-feature-martelli-products-air-8-18-2011-a-t145380.html)

bodacia 08-19-2011 08:17 AM

I'll find out and get back to you!

GGinMcKinney 08-19-2011 08:21 AM

Watched several times and still missed the Mertelli info. I did get my rotary cutter and strip ruler at the Plano Quilt Show last Sat. I have major tears and problems with my right shoulder. Friends have been doing my cutting. With the M. rotary cutter I can do my own cutting. He had me try it at the show. I didn't hold it correctly at first. When he helped me do it correctly it was like slicing butter!!! No pressing down and pushing hard.
Now, I want the mat for Christmas or birthday. The special packages were on the HSN website yesterday.

MellieKQuilter 08-19-2011 08:30 AM

If you go to the HSN site, they have the products listed...

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/martell...c.aspx?prev=hp!sf

DonnaC 08-19-2011 09:36 AM

I ordered two of their special packages. Got the quilter's kit with the two rings and the zip clips, plus I also ordered the set with all of the square and circle templates and the rotary cutter. I thought the prices were pretty good, plus HSN was offering three easy payments on both, so I thought, why not? I've been toying with the idea of buying the Quilt Cut 2, but I might like these better!

GGinMcKinney 08-19-2011 09:59 AM

Can't wait to hear your review on the two rings.
I love the rotary cutter and the strip ruler I purchased Sat. Now, I know why my cutting had been inaccurate. My other rulers do slip ever so slightly-my fault-not steady enough. I can't say enough good things about the products I have tried so far. I want the mat. Not sure what size yet.
Enjoy! Sew happy you made the buys.

Originally Posted by DonnaC
I ordered two of their special packages. Got the quilter's kit with the two rings and the zip clips, plus I also ordered the set with all of the square and circle templates and the rotary cutter. I thought the prices were pretty good, plus HSN was offering three easy payments on both, so I thought, why not? I've been toying with the idea of buying the Quilt Cut 2, but I might like these better!

Jim's Gem 08-19-2011 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
Watched several times and still missed the Mertelli info. I did get my rotary cutter and strip ruler at the Plano Quilt Show last Sat. I have major tears and problems with my right shoulder. Friends have been doing my cutting. With the M. rotary cutter I can do my own cutting. He had me try it at the show. I didn't hold it correctly at first. When he helped me do it correctly it was like slicing butter!!! No pressing down and pushing hard.
Now, I want the mat for Christmas or birthday. The special packages were on the HSN website yesterday.

I have shoulder surgery twice on my right shoulder and once on the left. The Martelli Cutter is the greatest. If you use it correctly it does not hurt the shoulder!!!! I was even bad and cut a few things out after my last surgery. I was still in my sling!!!! Couldn't do much else but was able to do some small cutting. There is no way that I could have done that with any other cutter!!!

MellieKQuilter 08-19-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC

This is what caught my eye as well (two rings). Please let us know what you think! :)

GGinMcKinney 08-19-2011 07:15 PM

Did you have their mat or just the rotary cutter? I have been cutting some tonight and so far no pain!!! I am using green mat not Mertelli. One day I hope to have a M. mat.

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem

Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney

I have shoulder surgery twice on my right shoulder and once on the left. The Martelli Cutter is the greatest. If you use it correctly it does not hurt the shoulder!!!! I was even bad and cut a few things out after my last surgery. I was still in my sling!!!! Couldn't do much else but was able to do some small cutting. There is no way that I could have done that with any other cutter!!!

DonnaC 08-21-2011 03:25 AM

Yay - my two sets have already been shipped - that was fast! I can't wait... I feel like it's Christmas or something (LOL). Drive faster, UPS truck!!

bodacia 08-22-2011 12:02 PM

Hi Donna! The sit-down model can run anywhere from $5999 to $6999. Call Martelli at 850-433-1414 and ask for David.