Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   International Quilt Festival of Ireland - I went yesterday!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/international-quilt-festival-ireland-i-went-yesterday-t191457.html)

PurpleBecca 06-12-2012 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie (Post 5283109)
FYI - the shots of the quilts at the festival are great, but you need to know that the Claudia Pfeil to look for is the blonde with her face cupped in her hand. (There are numerous people of the same name on facebook)

Good Point Joy Joy Marie!!!!! Thanks for reminding us that!

MaryAnnMc 06-13-2012 04:31 AM

Oh, I am SO green with envy!! If my daughter weren't getting married in two weeks, I'd be there myself.

Your quilts are lovely!

Wait... did you say next year??

OKLAHOMA PEACH 06-13-2012 08:21 AM

Your quilts are wonderful, good luck.

riutzelj 06-13-2012 09:17 AM

lovely quilts. i was in County clare last year for 2 weeks. we loved it and are planning another trip in 2014. perhaps i'll get to find more quilting sights next time. i took lots of pictures for quilt ideas though

GGinMcKinney 06-13-2012 09:35 AM

Sew beautiful! Love the feather quilting on the pink one!!

Kmeyer 06-13-2012 09:58 AM

Coming to Ireland

Beautiful quilts. I will be coming to Ireland July 21 and touring the southern part, was wondering where some good fabric stores to visit while my daughter and I are there. Any help would be appreciated.
I am soooo excited to see my ancestors home.
Thank you.
Karen "McCarthy" Meyer
[email protected]

PurpleBecca 06-13-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kmeyer (Post 5286342)
Beautiful quilts. I will be coming to Ireland July 21 and touring the southern part, was wondering where some good fabric stores to visit while my daughter and I are there. Any help would be appreciated.
I am soooo excited to see my ancestors home.
Thank you.
Karen "McCarthy" Meyer
[email protected]

Karen - we live in the Southern Part.

There is a quilt shop in Limerick City, but you have to make sure you ring ahead as she closes when she has classes. That is the Limerick Quilt Centre.

Also - in Dingle, there is The Sewing Shed, which is Nikki Foley's business, she is FABULOUS!! AND has just written a book with Irish Inspired quilts - contact me if you are interested - she gave me a box to sell for her!! In Galway there is 'Rags for Linda' another great business.

There are a few others - I would suggest you get hold of a copy of 'Irish Quilting' Magazine.

Hope this helps!

Vanogay 06-13-2012 02:54 PM

Rebecca, your quilts are fantastic. I wanted to enter that chocolate quilt challenge, too, but couldn't figure out how exactly to get my mind picture into a quilt. Oh, well. Did you by chance look at the hand blocks? The 10,000 welcomes? My quilt group here in Tennessee sent in some of them. Didn't see any pictures of them on the web site, so was wondering.

PurpleBecca 06-14-2012 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5286959)
Rebecca, your quilts are fantastic. I wanted to enter that chocolate quilt challenge, too, but couldn't figure out how exactly to get my mind picture into a quilt. Oh, well. Did you by chance look at the hand blocks? The 10,000 welcomes? My quilt group here in Tennessee sent in some of them. Didn't see any pictures of them on the web site, so was wondering.

Kathleen - I DID see the hands and we had blocks entered too - my DH and I and a few of my students! So looking forward to next year!!!

Nanaquilts44 07-11-2012 12:31 PM

Your quilts are gorgeous! And the chocolate creme silk velvet one makes me hungry! Thank you for sharing these.