Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Jenny Doan Cruise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/jenny-doan-cruise-t275281.html)

chislett 02-01-2016 09:10 PM

Jenny Doan Cruise

Just wondering if any quilters here were on the cruise with her and Hagmeire?

Geri B 02-02-2016 05:04 AM

No, didn't know she was on one. It's something to see how once a simple shop owner now is a renowned celebrity...so fairy tale like...

Watson 02-02-2016 05:10 AM

She always seems so down to earth and sincere. I'm sure that she'd be a fantastic instructor.
Watson

cdr1182 02-03-2016 04:20 AM

Went to one of her classes in Baker FL. She was great. Very down to earth- a lot of fun. Would love to go on a cruise with her.

Roberta 02-03-2016 08:56 AM

Gosh a cruise with Jenny would be a hoot. If only I was born rich.....

mryannlgn 02-03-2016 12:33 PM

HI, Several of my quilt guild member and I did go on the Jenny Doan Cruise on the cruise ship "Oasis of the Seas". The ship was beautiful, the food was wonderful and Jenny and Lyn were very entertaining and informative. But the classes were set up by Baby Lock who were to provide the Machines which were for sale thru "Flash Quilt and Sew" at a very good price. Again Baby Lock was to provide all materials needed in the classes. The teachers provided the Kits for the projects. Well there were 78 excited women who came to the classes, the new machines were set-up in two class rooms. We had 2 mats, 2 irons and 2 rotary cutters for each room. The Baby Lock reps who were present made not attempts to explain who dropped
the ball in the organization of these classes. Jenny and Lynn were frustrated also. No attempt was made to orient the ladies in the classes in the operation of the machines, therefore we had to asking for help when problems occured.
I will not go further as if would be to long of an explaination.
Jenny Doan and Lyn Hagmeier were wonderful. Classes were awesome. But Baby Lock personal were totally useless. They drop the ball and made no appolgizes for all the inconveniences.
I just felt I had to pass this on. The owner of Flash Sewing was wonderful, but his hands were tied as he also was told that Baby Lock would provide all the necessary supplies and here we were at sea with no place to call for a delivery.
What an experience!!!!

Geri B 02-03-2016 02:04 PM

...so was there any offer to compensate you for the inconvenience? If I were there, you can bet I would have written a scathing letter to Baby Lock about the incompetence of their reps......

annette1952 02-04-2016 12:57 AM

I would love to be on the cruise with Jenny. She is great. I have never met her but she acts so down to earth & like she would be so much fun. Seems like Baby Lock would of been a little bit more accommodating. That isn't good.

sewfriendly 02-04-2016 05:22 PM

I did research just yesterday. Decided her cruise next January is my birthday, Christmas, etc wish list wish me luck!!!

Fredda

chislett 02-07-2016 06:43 AM

Thank you, Flash is bringing their supplies also, just in case Babylock doesn't.