Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Keepsake Quilting Tent Sale in N.H. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/keepsake-quilting-tent-sale-n-h-t126532.html)

Peggy Payson 05-29-2011 01:08 PM

Who in this group is going to the annual tent sale next Friday and Saturday at Keepsake Quilting?????

I will be there both days.
Peggy

WonkyWanda 05-30-2011 04:32 AM

ME,ME,ME,ME!!!!!!!!!! DH already promised to take me up to check it out! Have never been before so I am hoping to make it up for Friday morning sometime. Any advice for a newbie?

GlitzyMe 05-30-2011 06:14 AM

Arrive early, wear a good sun hat and bring your credit card! One of the things I miss about living in NH :)

Margie13 05-30-2011 06:43 AM

Where in NH? Maybe I could go if I knew where.

JenniePenny 05-30-2011 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Margie13
Where in NH? Maybe I could go if I knew where.

Center Harbor is the town. About the mid-way point of the state on a map.

starrieyes55 05-30-2011 06:54 AM

It is a wonderful take!!! You meet so many new friends waiting on the porch. I got there at 7:45 a.m. (opens at 8:oo and there were already 200 ahead of me. Got to play some games and won a few prizes. Have a blast!!

Margie13 05-30-2011 07:04 AM

Thanks for coming back. My DH is from there. NH that is. I will see if we can go. We are in DE

GGrammie 05-31-2011 03:21 AM

Boo hoo....

Not me....I have other plans that involve family members and I made them over a year ago.
I think I'll just save money and hubby from sitting on deck or across by the lake...
Enjoy everyone....

pinecone 05-31-2011 08:45 AM

Oh, YES!!! Bright and early Friday. How will we know who is on the forum? I'll be away from the computer Wed. and Thursday 'till early evening probably but will check back in. What fun it would be to sit and chat while we roll up the fabric scrap bags.

Originally Posted by WonkyWanda
ME,ME,ME,ME!!!!!!!!!! DH already promised to take me up to check it out! Have never been before so I am hoping to make it up for Friday morning sometime. Any advice for a newbie?

Yes, sun screen a must! The earlier you get there, the better. Some even sleep on the porch. I prefer my cozy bed. Wear darker slacks so you can sit on the grass to roll the fabric scraps to fit in the scrap bags.Be prepared for many, many people.

piney

WonkyWanda 05-31-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by pinecone
Oh, YES!!! Bright and early Friday. How will we know who is on the forum? I'll be away from the computer Wed. and Thursday 'till early evening probably but will check back in. What fun it would be to sit and chat while we roll up the fabric scrap bags.

Originally Posted by WonkyWanda

Yes, sun screen a must! The earlier you get there, the better. Some even sleep on the porch. I prefer my cozy bed. Wear darker slacks so you can sit on the grass to roll the fabric scraps to fit in the scrap bags.Be prepared for many, many people.

piney

Wow! This sounds like so much fun! I would love to get there early but we are 2.5 hours away so I'm not sure how early I can make it. Thanks for all the tips, I will pack my sunscreen.