Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   LAKE HURON/THUMB AREA QUILT RETREAT REGISTRATION INFO (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/lake-huron-thumb-area-quilt-retreat-registration-info-t142018.html)

buslady 08-02-2011 05:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bear with me, I am new at this. Attached please find the flyer for the retreat scheduled for November 11-13, 2011 at Camp Cavell, in the thumb of Michigan, right on Lake Huron. Please know that noone is making any money off this, all money collected will pay for expenses; excess dollars will purchase prizes for raffle drawings. The announcement and registration forms are attached. If you have any questions, please email or PM me. I want to make this the best event possible. Thanks for looking.

Information Flyer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235281[/ATTACH]

huntannette 08-02-2011 05:28 AM

OHHH so wish I was closer....i`m sure it`s going to be a lot of fun!!!

klc 08-02-2011 05:40 AM

Sounds like fun! A bit far, but concidering it. I've never been to a quilt retreat before. Do you sew on your own projects or is everyone making the same thing?

buslady 08-02-2011 06:29 AM

Anything your heart desires!

jaciqltznok 08-03-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by buslady
Bear with me, I am new at this. Attached please find the flyer for the retreat scheduled for November 11-13, 2011 at Camp Cavell, in the thumb of Michigan, right on Lake Huron. Please know that noone is making any money off this, all money collected will pay for expenses; excess dollars will purchase prizes for raffle drawings. The announcement and registration forms are attached. If you have any questions, please email or PM me. I want to make this the best event possible. Thanks for looking.

camping in MI in Nov..did I read that right???
I miss the Thumb, but I know the weather up there that time of year...especially around the lake....Have fun!

ksea 08-03-2011 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

camping in MI in Nov..did I read that right???
I miss the Thumb, but I know the weather up there that time of year...especially around the lake....Have fun!

The flyer says that the cabins are heated!! I would think that it would be beautiful there that time of year and that the retreat would be lots and lots of fun!!!

vickig626 08-04-2011 06:08 AM

Cool. I'm just south of Detroit and very interested. I'm going to check with my quilting buddy and try to attend. Since my household only has the one car, I need to find someone to ride with. Can't leave hubby without a car all weekend.

I just checked the location and it's about 2 hours from me.

buslady 08-04-2011 07:39 AM

I know there has been some conversation about carpooling, hopefully someone from your area will read this and you guys can start a car pool from the south.

Originally Posted by vickig626
Cool. I'm just south of Detroit and very interested. I'm going to check with my quilting buddy and try to attend. Since my household only has the one car, I need to find someone to ride with. Can't leave hubby without a car all weekend.

vickig626 08-04-2011 08:57 AM

I know there has been some conversation about carpooling, hopefully someone from your area will read this and you guys can start a car pool from the south.

That would be fun too!

Originally Posted by vickig626

jeank 08-04-2011 10:01 AM

I am working on filling a cabin of 8. I have several "interested" friends, I hope they come through. If not, I would welcome others in my cabin.

Jean