Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Lakeland, FL LQS going out of business sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/lakeland-fl-lqs-going-out-business-sale-t181967.html)

alwayslearning 03-07-2012 10:21 AM

Lakeland, FL LQS going out of business sale

Sad news: The Patchwork Pig is closing down and is now selling at reduced prices: most fabric - $5/yd, notions, patterns, etc.- half price. This is a lovely store in a lovely part of the Lakeland business district that I am sad to see close. It is a great sale, but ...

FLQ 03-08-2012 05:43 AM

Wow! That makes 3 LQS in FL that I've heard of shutting down. Thank heavens our closest remaining shop, Sew Mini Things, has just expanded. They carry wonderful fabric and a huge array of Accuquilt dies and other notions. They service any machine too. I love these guys because they have a discount for local guild members and an email loyalty discount. You can get your quilt quilted here too.

I am sad about so many others choosing to close up shop.

FLQ 03-08-2012 05:44 AM

Florida LQS

Wow! That makes 3 LQS in FL that I've heard of shutting down. Thank heavens our closest remaining shop, Sew Mini Things (mt. Dora), has just expanded. They carry wonderful fabric and a huge array of Accuquilt dies and other notions. They service any machine too. I love these guys because they have a discount for local guild members and an email loyalty discount. You can get your quilt quilted here too.

I am sad about so many others choosing to close up shop.

solstice3 03-08-2012 07:49 AM

There seems to be an abundance of them in Citrus Co., FL. 4 I think. Sorry for Lakeland's loss.

Janey 03-08-2012 05:41 PM

Patchwork Pig

Originally Posted by alwayslearning (Post 5039367)
Sad news: The Patchwork Pig is closing down and is now selling at reduced prices: most fabric - $5/yd, notions, patterns, etc.- half price. This is a lovely store in a lovely part of the Lakeland business district that I am sad to see close. It is a great sale, but ...

i am so sad that they are closing. they were a very nice and friendly shop. Enjoyed shoping when visiting my grandchidren.

quiltingnonie 03-09-2012 08:20 AM

This caught my eye as I will be visiting that area in April....wonder if there will be any leftovers?

alwayslearning 03-09-2012 09:28 AM

A member from I think Georgia, just recently packed up and moved to Central Florida. I think she has a son in Orlando. I know she was leaning toward Mt. Dora, who wouldn't? Glad to hear you have a good shop, that is bucking the trend, by expanding.

bjrusty 03-09-2012 09:41 AM

WOW, when did you hear this news? I live in Lakeland. Barb

alwayslearning 03-11-2012 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by bjrusty (Post 5044803)
WOW, when did you hear this news? I live in Lakeland. Barb

Heard it last Saturday. We went on Tuesday and some of my group went again yesterday. They still have fabric.

jktreasures 03-12-2012 09:13 PM

Wow that is sad. The were set up at the Lakeland Quilt Show last week.