Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Local QB Friendship Groups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/local-qb-friendship-groups-t199940.html)

jclinganrey 09-08-2012 02:57 PM

Local QB Friendship Groups

I've been so inspired by many of the talented quilters on this site, I came up with an idea. How about, for those who are interested, to get in touch with other QB members within a certain mile radius and establish local Friendship groups. Each group could, of course, make their own rules and guidelines, etc. The bottom line is that it would give at least some of us an opportunity to actually MEET - - - face-to-face with some of our fellow quilters. Just think. We could potentially have hundreds of local QB Friendship groups all around the country. Our fellow quilters in other countries could do the same thing.

My idea would include, for starters: meeting once a month, take turns hosting your groups' Friendship group, decide on ideas and projects for your Friendship group. Recommended group size: 10-12

What do you think???

I'll start. I live in the 92867 zip code - Orange, CA. Anyone within ~~ 20 miles who is interested, please be in touch.

This could be really fun!

Jane

May in Jersey 09-08-2012 03:00 PM

Neat Idea. I live in Monmouth County, New Jersey, zip 07730.

From your zip it looks as if you live near my son in Aliso Viejo. May in Jersey

jclinganrey 09-08-2012 03:09 PM

Hi May --

Aliso Viejo is approx. 20 miles south of me.

We'll see if my idea takes off. Hopefully there will be lots of interest in your area. Maybe you or someone near you will get a FG started.

Jane

dunster 09-08-2012 03:12 PM

The Oregon/Washington QB'ers have been doing that for quite a while. We meet in various homes, go on retreats together (I haven't been on one yet), have a yahoo group, etc.

Tashana 09-08-2012 03:18 PM

Hauppauge, NY zip 11788. I will go anywhere in Nassau and Suffolk.

joyce888 09-08-2012 03:43 PM

Sounds like a great idea. The GB members in my area live much farther away. But here is my zip 30114 in Georgia.

jclinganrey 09-08-2012 04:17 PM

to: dunster

It's no surprise, considering how much collective talent we have on this site, right?? So glad to hear about your group. Hope we can get some more Friendship groups started.

Jane

barri1 09-08-2012 04:48 PM

I have plans to meet up with Lynnie next Sat. I think she is inviting others to join us. She lives in Medford (Suffolk county), and I live in Woodmere (Nassau). Tashana, if you would like to join us, it would be my pleasure to invite you. We are thinking of meeting up at a Joann's in the middle..

Quilting Dreamer 09-08-2012 04:48 PM

This sounds great. Lansing, MI 48917
the Quilting Dreamer

jcrow 09-08-2012 05:10 PM

I live in the sticks. 97824 in northeastern Oregon. Probably no one within 100 miles from me. Dang! Sounds like a great idea, too.