Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Looking For Other Long Island Quilters To Get Together (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/looking-other-long-island-quilters-get-together-t196475.html)

ro 08-02-2012 04:25 AM

Looking For Other Long Island Quilters To Get Together

Hi! I am from West Islip and woud like to join other Long Islanders for a sewing group. Would like to meet weekly. Anyone interested, please respond or send a PM. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Krystyna 08-03-2012 03:38 AM

Foo! Why are all of you Long Island quilters in Suffolk County? I sure wish you were a little more to the southwest!

ro 08-03-2012 04:30 AM

looking for other long island quilters to get together

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5414615)
Foo! Why are all of you Long Island quilters in Suffolk County? I sure wish you were a little more to the southwest!

if it's any consolation, i belong to smithtown stitchers, so i do travel to quilt. i have car keys and money in my pocket (maybe not all the time) , so i'm gone. i have not heard from anyone who wants to get together. so us long islanders do not want to be part of a group .

pal 08-03-2012 08:41 AM

Hi Ro, I belong to an Adult Education class in the Smithtown S.D. We are about 25 of the most loving and sharing women you could meet. The meetings are 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday. The fee is $66.00 for Out of District, for 9 sessions, Senior Citizens fee is $48. This group is so happy together that they meet in a diner every Tuesday morning, during the summer months, just to be with each other and share! I consider myself so fortunate to be part of this wonderful group of ladies.

linynp 08-03-2012 09:28 AM

Hey ro where? I might be able to!!

barri1 08-03-2012 10:25 AM

You guys are pretty far.. I'm right near JFK.. I have keys, and money, but have a major lack of time..

ro 08-03-2012 01:47 PM

so the adult ed class is every tuesday at a school? closed for the summer? but you ladies meet during the summer on tuesdays in a diner anyway? is this correct? i think i got it. okay. so someone comes in and teaches a class? how is the pattern chosen? how do you know what is being made? excuse all the questions, just need to understand from the get go. thank you!

Krystyna 08-04-2012 12:48 PM

My sister lives in Smithtown and I love their show. Hmmmm. Maybe.
If only she was a quilter and not a master gardener ...

pal 08-05-2012 05:10 AM

We can do the project offered, or we can work on our own projects. Usually the projects are something that we've specifically asked for. Our teacher answers anything we want to know about - and if someone has another idea about it, they chime in. It is a very "give & take" , easy going happy class.

ro 08-11-2012 04:24 PM

hi pal!
thank you for all the info. i will present this to my group on thursday and see what they say. right now i just came back from vacation and have over 400 messages to "look" at. i will get back to you though. and thank you.