Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/looking-quilting-pal-im-texas-t271500.html)

Texas_Sue 10-26-2015 07:29 AM

Looking for a quilting pal - I'm from Texas

Hi, I'm just looking for another quilter to stay in touch with for quilting inspiration. I would enjoy talking about projects, new or ongoing and just share experiences and expertise or questions with.

I'm in North Central Texas, retired and 64 y/o. If you are interested I would love to hear from you. PM or just here online.

Thanks,
Susan in Texas

tessagin 10-26-2015 10:13 AM

I'm down here in Corpus Christi. We're in the process of remodeling/painting. My sewing room is next and right now it's a catchall for what will be kept. Am really wanting to minimalize the chaos that's going on right now in the sewing room. Have Christmas presents I want to get out and some are cut some are not. Ugh!! What little quilting I do is on my DSM 401. I have a 2662 Singer about 10-12 years old. Been asleep since then.

Texas_Sue 10-26-2015 10:21 AM

Hi, Tess.

I lived down in Corpus when I was 13. My Mom worked for the government at the Naval Base for almost a year.

I hear you when you say your sewing room is a catch all. I have been working for 2 hours to get some of my bags emptied and items all together (pre-cuts, tools, patterns and books). What a mess. I bet it takes me the better part of a year to get this mess straightened out.

DH bought me a Handiquilter Sweet 16 sit down quilter that I have not used yet!!! I have to get my room cleaned out before I can even get on the machine. I'm starting to get anxious about be able to use it - can't wait.

Thanks for your response,
Susan

Cindy60545 10-27-2015 02:24 AM

Susan, where exactly are you? I live on Lake Tawakoni, just east of Dallas. Would love to hear from you!

QuiltnMyra 10-27-2015 02:56 AM

Hi Susan, Are you interested in talking to someone from the other side of the world? I am also retired and older than 64. What kind of quilting do you enjoy? I am pretty much a traditionalist, love good classic lines, but am trying very hard to master FMQ. Am currently doing Lori Kennedy's class 'Divide and Conquer' on Craftsy and I work with a Pfaff Quilt Expression domestic machine.

QuiltnMyra 10-27-2015 02:58 AM

Oh, and by the way congratulations on the Sweet Sixteen, would love to hear how you make out with it.

nme1974 10-27-2015 03:10 AM

Susan...I'm in Temple, TX, right off of I-35 (between Waco and Austin). I started quilting a couple of years ago and made a few quilts then my sewing machine quit on me. Finally got a new one and don't have many hours on it yet, just haven't gotten back into the swing of it. I have lots of fabric....yardage, precuts, kits, patterns I want to make, etc. No friends here...we moved here about 1-1/2 yrs ago and I don't know anyone. Caregiver for my 87 year old dad with Alzheimer's...that keeps me pretty busy.

mvalley 10-27-2015 03:35 AM

Hi All,
I would love to have some quilting buddies to email. I have tons of fabric waiting to be used. I live in Wisconsin but love communicating with others around the globe. Please count me in.
Mary

Texas_Sue 10-27-2015 03:49 AM

Hi Cindy. I am in Euless on the west side of the airport. I'm just off of 360 near Grapevine. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me hear from you.

Susan

Texas_Sue 10-27-2015 03:58 AM

Mary, of course I would love to keep in touch with you! I've met a few of your countrymen on several bus tours - Heritage Tours. I've done the NE, Sisters, Paducah and a few I can't remember right now. I definitely am a traditional quilt maker. I love Civil War fabrics and the blocks they produced when quilting was a necessity. I hope to learn something new every time I sit down to sew.

At present I'm trying to take control of the mess in my sewing room. I have so much fabric, pre-cuts, patterns and tools that I have got to finish up before I can enjoy myself once again in my room.

I love the Sweet 16, but mostly have just practiced on it. I'm looking forward to just stitching - may not be very much to look at right now - but I'm sure I can come up with some decent donation quilts.

Well, hope to hear from you again and enjoy your quilting.
Susan in Texas