Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Louisville Kentucky area Quilters Meet & Greet - April 30th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/louisville-kentucky-area-quilters-meet-greet-april-30th-t110455.html)

seeandsew 04-09-2011 03:29 PM

Yes, the Paducah quilt show is April 27 - 30. Maybe, we could meet the next weekend?
There is a JoAnn Fabric shop at 4600 Shelbyville Road (in the Shelbyville Road Plaza down the road from The Mall). We could meet at Jason's - also in the Shelbyville Road Plaza - it is very close to JoAnn's and has good food reasonably priced. JoAnn's does not have a meeting room, but we could do some shopping together!
Did anyone go to Cincy? I went on Friday - beautiful exhibits!

Qbee 04-09-2011 03:31 PM

I just got back for Cinci and I'm TOTALLY beat....LOL :D
It was my very first quilt show and I had a ball.
The next weekend at Jason's works for me if it works for everyone else.

seeandsew 04-09-2011 03:31 PM

The first weekend in May is Derby...
Maybe we could meet the second weekend in May?

Qbee 04-09-2011 03:32 PM

Ahhh....that is so true. 2nd weekend in May is fine by me :D

Originally Posted by seeandsew
The first weekend in May is Derby...
Maybe we could meet the second weekend in May?

seeandsew 04-09-2011 03:47 PM

Well, let's see if we can make this work and try to meet in May. I loved the Cincy show! It was my first, too. I was moved almost to tears when I first walked in the door and saw the Baltimore Album quilt - I had never seen such a beauty up close. There was such a variety of quilts displayed. Did you see the one made entirely of yo-yo's that portrayed a young girl's face? I can not remember the artist's name... it was amazing.

jslider 04-09-2011 05:08 PM

The following Sat., May 7, is Derby weekend! Too much going on in Louisville, including out of town company for me, that weekend! Sorry....

jslider 04-10-2011 06:46 AM

The 2nd weekend in May is U. of L. graduation. I'm having house guests (who don't speak English! Oh my!) and must go to the graduation ceremonies on Sat. May 14. I know there will be no date that meets everyone's schedule. So, I'll make it next time!

jslider 04-10-2011 06:50 AM

I know. I'm crazy! I point out that Derby weekend isn't good and then suggest the 2nd weekend of May.....forgetting about the graduation and houseguests. Sometimes I'm just to busy to do what I'd really LIKE TO DO!

CraftsByRobin 05-30-2011 06:52 AM

okay everyone ... where are we at with this ... maybe the second week of June? Or even the last week of June?

Qbee 05-30-2011 06:54 AM

I keep looking for a date that will work for everyone and it just hasn't happened...ugh! I probably need to just pick a date and run with it.

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
okay everyone ... where are we at with this ... maybe the second week of June? Or even the last week of June?