Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Lynnwood WA, Ricky Tims May 16/17 are you going? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/lynnwood-wa-ricky-tims-may-16-17-you-going-t309451.html)

Tothill 01-27-2020 10:27 AM

Lynnwood WA, Ricky Tims May 16/17 are you going?

Hi, I thought I would check to see who else is planning to go see Ricky Tims' Quilt Luminarium in Lynwood WA this May?

I was dithering about booking a ticket as I will be starting a new job and it may be a challenge to convince them to give me the Friday prior to a long weekend off, but I decided I only live once and if I book it now, before starting my job search I should be ok.

I will be driving down from BC. Hope to stop at some quilt shops along the way. I will be putting some extra cash aside each month until then.

If you are going would you like to meet up?

Iceblossom 01-27-2020 03:35 PM

Had not seen this until now. I don't do many classes and seminars and such but this looks like more my sort of thing. Usually what happens is once I decide I really really want to go, the class is full but this looks large enough that maybe I have a day or two to think.

Regardless of whether I do go or not, if you come that far south of the border, I can go that far north from my house -- it's not even half way to the border! Would love to meet up for lunch or just a cup of coffee or something (and that's an open invitation to anyone down this way). Unfortunately in terms of quilt shops and stuff I don't go north much any more so have no personal recommendations.

I found a group in Bellingham that wants fiber donations and probably will start going more north a couple times a year. If I can get my hubby to get on with getting his expanded driver's license and/or passport, it's on the bucket list to get him to actually leave the United States for the first time in his life. He never even crossed over when he lived in Michigan, I'd really like to go to Butchart Gardens this year for the first time in about 40!
https://www.ragfinery.com/donate/
https://www.butchartgardens.com/

Tothill 01-27-2020 10:30 PM

I woudl love to meet you Ice Blossom. We can discuss it closer to the event.

And if you come up to Victoria, I have a season's pass for Butchart Gardens and could meet you there too. I live about an hour away from it.

juliasb 01-28-2020 05:46 AM

To far for me to travel. I will have to wait for her to come in this direction before I can attend one of her seminars.

oldmanquilts 01-28-2020 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8355550)
To far for me to travel. I will have to wait for her to come in this direction before I can attend one of her seminars.

Uhhh... Ricky Tims is not a "her" as far as I know, but he does like his cowboy hats.

Iceblossom 01-31-2020 03:47 AM

It's official -- I'll be there. At the classes anyway, I'll be driving in from home.

I've got to admit, I keep busy enough in my sewing room and other than this site I don't go to many quilting related places on the internet so the initial post here was the first time I've heard about this. But most of the ladies in my group nodded their heads at the name, one would have liked to go but of course that weekend is the one trip out of town already planned and paid for.

toverly 01-31-2020 03:27 PM

Y'all will love it. I went a few years ago, he is very entertaining. Be sure to save up for his luscious fabrics. They are so smart the way they handle sales. They start a bag for you and then you can add to the bag and pay at the end. As he talks about things and processes, it's easier to try when he sells the products.

Tothill 02-09-2020 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8356445)
It's official -- I'll be there. At the classes anyway, I'll be driving in from home.

I've got to admit, I keep busy enough in my sewing room and other than this site I don't go to many quilting related places on the internet so the initial post here was the first time I've heard about this. But most of the ladies in my group nodded their heads at the name, one would have liked to go but of course that weekend is the one trip out of town already planned and paid for.

Wonderful news Iceblossom, I will look forward to meeting you there.

Iceblossom 03-19-2020 09:32 AM

Officially rescheduled to August.

For those of us with reservations, you should get an email and we are still signed up.

Tothill 04-26-2020 04:29 PM

Ice I really hope it goes ahead in August. I was able to change my hotel reservation for August, I hope I will not have to change it again.

I was really impressed with the people I spoke with at Embassy Suites. They were incredibly helpful in getting the reservation changed.

In the mean time I am enjoying Ricky and Alex's live shows on Facebook.