Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   MSQC Academy in May, who is going? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/msqc-academy-may-who-going-t303397.html)

Tothill 03-04-2019 10:41 PM

MSQC Academy in May, who is going?

I have bought my ticket, now to reserve a place to stay somewhere nearby. I am looking forward to this event in May.

Is anyone else going? I booked for the first two days as Rob Appell and Alison Glass are there for the first two days. I love Rob's energy in his Man Sewing Tutorials and Alison is such a talented designer I am looking forward to her presentation too.

While in the area I plan to visit Angela Walters' shop in Liberty.

I am getting excited. My trip will cover somewhat over 5000 miles, in 9 states and 4 provinces. Good thing I have an SUV with lots of room for purchases.

quilterpurpledog 03-05-2019 03:52 AM

Sounds like a fun trip.

SusieQOH 03-05-2019 04:22 AM

I love Rob!! Love his enthusiasm. Sounds like a fun trip for you!

cashs_mom 03-05-2019 02:06 PM

Someday I'm hoping to actually retire and make a trip to MSQC for one of their retreats. It sounds like so much fun!

tuckyquilter 03-05-2019 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tothill (Post 8220413)
I have bought my ticket, now to reserve a place to stay somewhere nearby. I am looking forward to this event in May.

Is anyone else going? I booked for the first two days as Rob Appell and Alison Glass are there for the first two days. I love Rob's energy in his Man Sewing Tutorials and Alison is such a talented designer I am looking forward to her presentation too.

While in the area I plan to visit Angela Walters' shop in Liberty.

I am getting excited. My trip will cover somewhat over 5000 miles, in 9 states and 4 provinces. Good thing I have an SUV with lots of room for purchases.

You will have to provide tons of photo's and tell us all about it.

quiltingshorttimer 03-10-2019 02:39 PM

If you haven't gotten room in Hamilton, check Cameron MO--just 10 miles away on major highway and know there are several decent hotels. Sounds like a great time! Good for you--by then you will be so decluttered you will need to purchase more fabrics!

Tothill 03-10-2019 05:28 PM

QST,

I have booked a place to stay in Cameron. I am so looking forward to this trip. It is going to be a whole bunch of driving, (which I love to do) and seeing places for the first time. I am a coastal girl, but love my trips to the Canadian Prairies, I am sure I will love the northern states too.

I was looking over a map and realized how close I will be to the Mississippi. I will add day or two in Hannibal and a river boat ride to my travels. I even found a quilt shop Hickory Stick Quilt shop there.

dluvs2quilt 03-10-2019 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tothill (Post 8223480)
QST,

I have booked a place to stay in Cameron. I am so looking forward to this trip. It is going to be a whole bunch of driving, (which I love to do) and seeing places for the first time. I am a coastal girl, but love my trips to the Canadian Prairies, I am sure I will love the northern states too.

I was looking over a map and realized how close I will be to the Mississippi. I will add day or two in Hannibal and a river boat ride to my travels. I even found a quilt shop Hickory Stick Quilt shop there.

I have been to Missouri Star Quilt Company three times you'll have a great time and there is two quilt shops in Hannibal like you said the one is Hickory Stick I cannot think of the name of the other one. There is also several in between Hannibal and Cameron. Google : Missouri Highway 36 Corridor quilt Trail there will be more information

dluvs2quilt 03-10-2019 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by dluvs2quilt (Post 8223503)
I have been to Missouri Star Quilt Company three times you'll have a great time and there is two quilt shops in Hannibal like you said the one is Hickory Stick I cannot think of the name of the other one. There is also several in between Hannibal and Cameron. Google : Missouri Highway 36 Corridor quilt Trail there will be more information

I forgot to add a good restaurant to eat at in Cameron is called Dino's I have been there three times and the food has always been great.

Tothill 05-05-2019 09:57 AM

Well I am sad that Rob Appell will not be at MSQC, but I am sure I will enjoy all the other presenters.

I leave in a week and am working through my packing list. I am taking other workshops after I leave MO, so I need to make sure I have everything I need for those too.