Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

cbridges22 05-14-2011 05:55 AM

I will be there Thur. evening after work and I am good with stairs.Can we go now,huh,huh!!!!!!!

KarenBarnes 05-14-2011 08:04 AM

This house has three floors so unfortunately there are stairs! I had said that I would share a bed but I'm thinking those big beds are probably the ones on the main floor so like Jen, I will take the top bunk. I'm getting older but I'm not giving up! :) We'll do our best to accommodate those who can't do the stairs and for those who can hobble them, we'll appreciate your extra effort! :)

Thanks for all the responses! It helps me a lot!

Laurie, what time do you think you'd like to do your demo and how long do you think it will last? I'm just thinking about what I want to bring to do! I do hope you'll get to spend the whole day with us! We'll even feed you! :)

quiltingnonie 05-14-2011 08:24 AM

Karen,
Right now I'm thinking I will be there Sat by 10:00am. So will begin class anytime everyone's ready. I would say I need at least an hour....but I am bringing lots of patterns so everyone can make at least a couple practice blocks, if they choose. Will soon post a supply list.

I will also bring a few boxes of older quilt magazines and calendars. I will offer them FREE to everyone on ONE condition: I will NOT have to take them home with me!

And yes I can spend all day, and YES I will eat :lol:

2 Doods 05-14-2011 10:00 AM

I will be arriving Thursday after work and staying through Sunday morning. I can do stairs but pretty sure a top bunk would be an issue. I am throwing in a blow-up bed just in case. I'll also bring my sleeping bag that can go anywhere.

Laurie~ your old magazines will be fun to flip through.
Looking forward to meeting all the new ladies!

KarenBarnes 05-14-2011 10:19 AM

It's getting closer! I hope all are excited and thinking of the fun things we can work on! The sleeping arrangements will work out if we are all open to working together! Needless to say, we won't be in our comfort zone because we aren't home but that doesn't mean that we won't be able to relax and have a good time!

Thanks Laurie! I can help!:)

cbridges22 05-14-2011 12:08 PM

You mean we have to sleep?????????????????

UglyCook 05-14-2011 12:30 PM

Coming Thursday, can do upstairs and top bunk. Not making any promises to the person on the bottom bunk, though.

UglyCook 05-14-2011 12:34 PM

Not sure what I am bringing yet, but our family is going to the beach the weekend before so I might just bring all of the leftovers! Since we are going with 6 teenagers, I'm sure there will be a fair amount of junk food.

sew cornie 05-14-2011 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I will be arriving Thursday after work and staying through Sunday morning. I can do stairs but pretty sure a top bunk would be an issue. I am throwing in a blow-up bed just in case. I'll also bring my sleeping bag that can go anywhere.

Laurie~ your old magazines will be fun to flip through.
Looking forward to meeting all the new ladies!

Alice, if you're concerned about using a ladder for a bunkbed, we can get you a springboard. :mrgreen:

Lilrain 05-14-2011 09:46 PM

Was without a computer for way too long. trying to read through all the posts i am going blind.

Could someone please tell me...

Are we doing white elephant exchange? if so, is it quilting related?

We are to each bring 3 fat quarters?

Someone posted something about Quilter's Strip Poker. Are we doing that?

Anything else as I group I should be prepared for?

And food, will bring food. Will study what is planned and see what I can think of to fill in the blanks.

Thanks,
Lorraine