Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   OKC quilt show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/okc-quilt-show-t133144.html)

leannadc 06-25-2011 05:07 PM

I went to the OKC quilt show today...hour and a half drive...was the first quilt show I have ever been to and I really enjoyed it:)
Even won a basket of goodies:)
And made half a quilt at the B Sew Inn sewing area for charity.
Wish I could have met some of my fellow quilting board members...maybe next time:)

sueisallaboutquilts 06-25-2011 05:18 PM

Awesome, what did you win???

pjaco 06-25-2011 06:55 PM

Sorry I missed you, I went both days. It was really nice! Congratulations on winning a prize. Oh do tell what you won!

leannadc 06-26-2011 03:02 AM

The basket I won had:
Checks and Chicks quilting book.
A BIG(16 oz.) spool of thread(Coats nylon-sage green)
A can of Dust Away.
A pair of Heritage Cutlery 5 1/2 Machine Embroidery shears.
A Fons and Porter Crystal Head Pins Assortment.
Four spools of green embroidery thread.
And a small jar of Waterblocker skin cream.

Nice :)

pjaco 06-26-2011 04:36 AM

That's pretty neat! And it was free !! Yea!

amma 06-26-2011 09:46 AM

Happy to hear how much you enjoyed your first quilt show :D:D:D

jaciqltznok 06-26-2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by pjaco
That's pretty neat! And it was free !! Yea!

well...not really, that $8.00 entrance fee went to something...I was stunned that they wanted that much for a GUILD show....think they need to rethink their venue...a smaller building would mean a smaller entrance fee...and less walking!

Glenda m 06-26-2011 03:12 PM

I had planned on going, but, My next to the youngest son finally got moved back from California. So all the family had a big welcome back. Maybe we can meet up next time?

pjaco 06-27-2011 06:37 AM

Right, next time we'll get cell phone numbers too. that would probably help too. I'm still glad I went, loved the spaciousioness and a/c. I don't think that was the orginal plan to have it in that bldg. , but it worked for me!!

Originally Posted by Glenda m
I had planned on going, but, My next to the youngest son finally got moved back from California. So all the family had a big welcome back. Maybe we can meet up next time?

bethanywoman 07-01-2011 09:21 PM

Pollyv9 and I were there on Friday....took lots of pictures will post them. Stunning best in show quilt was a round quilt, wow!, As to the price, it seemed reasonable to me. We have been going for years and it always seems to be around that price for a one day admission. remember there are expenses in holding one of these, my only suggestion is that they put out more benches for us old folks to parks our behinds on when viewing and lucky you guys who won door prizes. Anyway six months to wait for the next show.