Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/puget-sound-northwest-get-together-t252725.html)

Rodney 08-30-2014 05:44 AM

Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together?

I posted about this in the vintage section where I spend most of my time but it's open to everyone so I'm double posting here.
Right now nothing is set in stone, I'm just looking to see how many people would be interested and looking for ideas on a place to meet and a time.
Please feel free to comment and let's see if we can get something worked out for a get together.
Rodney

MFord 08-30-2014 12:00 PM

Are you thinking of doing this in the fall, or next spring or summer? There is a beautiful campground right outside of Leavenworth, which is a fun, Bavarian themed town with lots of Christmas shops and pubs. Also a quilt shop, I believe, although I have not been there as yet. We are going camping there next weekend, so I'll let you know about the shop. This is beautiful countryside and has currently not been burned up!

Margaret

Rodney 08-30-2014 12:10 PM

I don't know yet. I'd like to have at least a small one before the weather turns foul. No reason there can't be more than one get together either. Leavenworth is 4 to 5 hours away for me. I was thinking more along the I5 corridor.
Rodney

KalamaQuilts 08-30-2014 12:12 PM

Rodney, call the PUD and ask if they have a meeting room. Our PUD here has a wonderful space, and no charge.

(I'm 45 minutes south of Rodney)

edited to add: we used a park in Centralia for a double 40th anniversary some years ago, big covered space, by the river, nice bathrooms. I think we went out Pearl?

Rodney 08-30-2014 02:18 PM

You might be thinking Schafer(spelling?) Park on the north end of town. I haven't actually been there to see if there's a covered meeting space. Borst Park right off exit 82 has a couple covered buildings though I'm not sure the bathrooms qualify as nice. I should go check those places out.
Rodney

KalamaQuilts 08-30-2014 02:39 PM

Yea, we had a family reunion at Borst...the bathrooms were a mile from the covered picnic area. Maybe 10 miles :)

I wonder if Cabala's has a space? They are all about getting peeps in the door...
I wonder if we could combine with a small TOGA? Do you know Richard Wrightman? Capt' Dick?

Rodney 08-30-2014 05:34 PM

I would love to attend a TOGA. I checked Treadleon's website but didn't see anything around here at all. Could be I'm looking in the wrong place.
Rodney

joogoo 08-31-2014 11:17 AM

I would be interested. We spoke on the phone about my Featherweight.
Judy

Rodney 08-31-2014 02:45 PM

Were you able to find any solutions?
Rodney

Cogito 08-31-2014 09:12 PM

Huh? I just returned from my first ever journey to the Pacific Northwest. Do you mean I'm gonna miss all of the fun? :D