Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Question for Southern California Quilters about Pomona Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/question-southern-california-quilters-about-pomona-show-t104681.html)

Maggiemay 03-03-2011 12:16 PM

Have any of you been to the "Pomona Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival"?

It is next week March 10, 11, & 12 at the Fairplex in Pomona. I wondered if any of you have been & if it worth making the trip. It looks like it is not an actual showing of quilts, but maybe more vendors. If anyone has been let me know how it was! Thanks!

Jim's Gem 03-03-2011 12:24 PM

About 10 years ago. I would love to go. But..... I'm now working for an accountant and it is hard to get away for this show.

Love angels 03-03-2011 09:45 PM

I haven't been for years either. I was thinking of possibly going. But can't decide if I want to make the drive. I am in Orange County.
When I used to go it was fun and seeing lots of fun stuff all at one place was nice.

Evie 03-04-2011 08:56 AM

I've never been and don't think I will since I'll be attending the quilt show in Burbank the following weekend. That show is put on by the Glendale Quilt Guild and is really nice.

sewingonquilts 03-04-2011 04:58 PM

I'm going! I went last year and enjoyed it. It's not a quilt show, but just all kind of venders for sewing and other crafts. I feel it's worth going to, lots of quilts on display, kits, fabric, sewing machines and notions that you may not see at your LQS. They have many demonstrations also. It's suppose to be free this year!

quilting librarian 03-04-2011 06:48 PM

I had not heard of this show. My daughter and I are planning to attend the Glendale show - we've been the last two years and loved it.

I'll be interested to see what the QB members have to say about Pomona!

City 03-04-2011 10:38 PM

I have been twice - and both times I felt I was walking around and around and around a rather tight area and seeing the same things over and again .. LOTS AND LOTS OF VENDORS .. mostly for crafty things. A few booths offered make-it and take-it things. BE AWARE that parking is a bit of a nightmare.. follow the signs and you will get to the r ight place.
It isn't the easiest of locations. Last year my friend used her new GPS .. it took us well over an hour to make a 15 minute trip from my house.
Just like eating clams - it's good to try it once!

Pats8e8 03-04-2011 10:53 PM

I was there two years ago. It is in fact mostly vendors, if not all vendors. Lots of goodies to look at, only one building, with maybe 4 rows to walk. Doesn't take all day, but you can still spend money. ha

qltndog 03-06-2011 01:17 PM

MaggieMay
I haven't been to the Pomona Show but have been to the Del Mar (San Diego) Show. It was fun. I like going to these every once in a while because the vendors carry products that you don't always see at regular Quilt Shows. Anyway, a few of us from Orange County are going on Saturday. If you want to meet up with us, let me know. We will be there at 10 am.
joni

Maggiemay 03-08-2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by qltndog
MaggieMay
I haven't been to the Pomona Show but have been to the Del Mar (San Diego) Show. It was fun. I like going to these every once in a while because the vendors carry products that you don't always see at regular Quilt Shows. Anyway, a few of us from Orange County are going on Saturday. If you want to meet up with us, let me know. We will be there at 10 am.
joni

Thanks Joni, I'd love to meet up but I can't go on Sat. I will most likely go on Thursday.