Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Quilt shops in Dallas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/quilt-shops-dallas-t46180.html)

Rachelcb80 05-17-2010 06:27 AM

So last week I got some great reccomendations for quilt shops in Atlanta. This week we're heading over to Dallas for a few days so I'm looking to you Texas ladies to point me towards a few good shops in the Dallas/Mesquite/Arlington area. Thanks!

isnthatodd 05-17-2010 07:06 AM

Suzy's is in downtown Garland. It has a great civil war selection as well as lots of 30s and other stuff. Quilter's Connection is just north of 635 between Dallas and Garland. They have a web site. It's a small shop but has lots of eye candy. There are JoAnn's and Hancock Fabrics in Mesquite, near Town East Mall.

Shibori 05-17-2010 08:30 AM

there is a really nice one in Carrollton, or old Carrollton right off 35

racnquilter 05-17-2010 11:52 AM

I went to a nice one in Burleson (south edge of Ft Worth).

Sharon321 05-17-2010 05:38 PM

Dallas is a quilte's mecca. Try Quilt Country in Lewisville, North of Dallas on 35.
One in Waxahaxie, south of Dallas. There are two in Arlington. What part of Dallas will you be in, it is a very big place.

Diana 05-18-2010 05:31 AM

In Arlington, there is Lone Star Quilts.
In Keller (North of Fort Worth) there is Old Town Quilts where quilt fabric is $4.99 the year around. Send me a note and I will give you directions.
Both of these stores have their own web pages.
Oh, almost forgot the Cabbage Rose in Fort Worth...great selection, higher prices.

PennyLynn 05-18-2010 06:19 AM

Lone Star quilts in Arlinton is very nice the staff are allways great and helpful. I don't get to go often due to it is a long way, but I do go the the Quilter conection in Dallas on Plano Rd just off Interstate 635, people and supplies are great. Hope you have a good time and find some treasures.

TexasGurl 05-18-2010 06:31 AM

The Dallas - FW area is chock FULL of good shops ... you could shop for a week (or 2) and not see them all ... there must be 25-30 shops at least

If your time allows, check these out:
The Old Craft Store in Carrollton
Texas Quiltworks in Rockwall
The Quilt Asylum in McKinney
Quilters Dream in Colleyville
and if you love Batiks, don't miss Fabric Fanatics in Plano

Also the Cabbage Rose shop in Ft Worth
Have fun !! :)

vbourck 05-18-2010 05:57 PM

Common Threads in Waxahachie is worth the trip!

Rachelcb80 05-19-2010 06:20 AM

I don't know if I'll have time to visit any other shops but I went to Lone Star Quilts in Arlington yesterday and LOVED it! What super nice ladies! Greatest selection ever of Civil War fabrics and tons of gorgeous quilts hanging all over. I stocked up on FQ's and wanted to take home a few books but decided to spend my money on fabric since I already have several patterns waiting at home. :) Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Hopefully I'll be able to visit at least one other store but if not I'm super happy with the one I picked!