Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Quilt shops in Vermont and New Hampshire (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/quilt-shops-vermont-new-hampshire-t55410.html)

gollytwo 07-21-2010 02:26 PM

[quote=sewcrafty]Quilted Threads in Henniker, NH. They have a fairly large store, the outside is quite deceiving, I would compare them to around Keepsake, maybe just a tad bit smaller. www.quiltedthreads.com Sign-up for their e-mails and they'll let you know when their sales are. Just had 25 FQ /$25. Some good deals.

Ditto - Quilted Threads is a great shop
Quilting Workshop in Newport is another one

If you're near Keene NH Moses House is discontinuing fabric and has all his on sale 60% off.

hawaiiquilter 07-21-2010 05:39 PM

OH, my! You all are giving me great ideas! I have seen the travel book which identifies quilt shops, but I love the recommendations from fellow quilters. I'm staying in Stowe while I'm on vacation, but naturally I'll have a car and ready to take off to discover new shops.

Thanks so much for the ideas......I welcome them all!

Barb

TMK 07-22-2010 07:33 AM

Oh, Norton House is wonderful. My MIL lives very near by.

EC 07-22-2010 06:36 PM

My vote is "Quilted Threads" also.

daisey 07-22-2010 06:43 PM

In Winooski Vt there is a great shop called yankee pride quilt shop...it was about the only one in that area when I lived there 3 years ago...wish i could go with you I love VT!

xray_a 07-22-2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by gollytwo

If you're near Keene NH Moses House is discontinuing fabric and has all his on sale 60% off.

Think I'm driving up to Keene on Monday! I've been crazy a calzone from Amici's anyway!

xray_a 07-22-2010 10:29 PM

double post

SylvieJ 07-23-2010 01:54 AM

I recommend Countryside Fabrics, 1780 VT Route 105 in Newport. Great store, great service.

hawaiiquilter 07-23-2010 11:05 AM

Yankee Pride is one of the few that I do know. It used to be in Winooski, and then it moved to Essex Junction. I agree....nice shop. And I looked at the web site for Quilted Threads.....I do want to check that out. The shop in Stowe is small, but I always have to swing by there. The owner usually remembers me in a general way...."oh, right! You're the woman from Hawaii!". Maybe I could take in Norton's along with a visit to my cousins who live in W. Arlington, VT.

This is much more fun than looking in the Quilter's Traveling Companion! Thanks, everyone!

iqlt2 07-23-2010 12:37 PM

quilted threads is in henniker nh very nice shop
the quilting corner in tilton nh very nice also very near to outlets too
the country hearts quilt shop in plymouth nh another wonderful place
if you are going to maine knights in cape neddick(york) me is great near stonewall kitchen also
happy traveling