Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Road trip from Spokane to Richland to Prosser..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/road-trip-spokane-richland-prosser-t138181.html)

GwynR 07-16-2011 07:02 PM

.... on Saturday, the 6th of Aug. Anyone from Spokane area interested? Send me a pm if you are. I will be happy to drive, and can seat up to 5 guests in my mini van.

JeanLowe 07-17-2011 05:31 AM

I am from Spokane. What is this trip about?

GwynR 07-17-2011 08:48 PM

To meet some other ladies from this board and go to a couple of quilts shops. I have never been there but do love visiting new LQS. The one in Richland is Quiltmania, and then on to Prosser for the Sewing Basket. If the other ladies don't make it, I will still go if anyone cares to join me.

Farm Quilter 07-17-2011 08:55 PM

May I suggest a quilt shop you may enjoy visiting? In Odessa there is a lovely quilt shop called Quilt Crossing (on the main street). Take SR 2 out of Spokane to Davenport. Turn left at the flashing yellow light in Davenport (SR 28) to Odessa. When you leave Odessa, take SR 23 to Hwy 395 to Tri-Cities. If you care to go a bit further east on SR 28 to Ephrata you could check out The Fabric Patch.

If I was home I'd love to go with you!!! If you do go to Odessa, tell them I sent you - it's my LQS!!!

SewExtremeSeams 07-19-2011 12:18 PM

Hi,
I am in the Tri-Cities. Would love to meet up with you.

Who, on the board, are you meeting up with?

You will love Quiltmania!! I always want to buy so much fabric there.

I haven't been to the quilt shop in Prosser but I only hear great things about it.

I travel frequently to Spokane. One of my fave spots is The Quilting Bee in Spokane Valley. I have a trip up there in September. :-D

GwynR 07-20-2011 08:20 PM

Lalaland is getting some ladies together from middle Washington I believe. We will have to figure out some way of recognizing each other when we meet up! :-)
Thanks Farmquilter, I will add that shop to the list! Perhaps if the Buggy Barn is open on the way home we can hit that one up too! SewExtreme, I would love to have you along! I work full time by the way just to support my Quilting Bee habit. :roll: That and A Heart Like Yours are my favorite LQS!

SewExtremeSeams 07-20-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by GwynR
Lalaland is getting some ladies together from middle Washington I believe. We will have to figure out some way of recognizing each other when we meet up! :-)
Thanks Farmquilter, I will add that shop to the list! Perhaps if the Buggy Barn is open on the way home we can hit that one up too! SewExtreme, I would love to have you along! I work full time by the way just to support my Quilting Bee habit. :roll: That and A Heart Like Yours are my favorite LQS!

OK, the Quilting Bee is much smaller than Quiltmania. If you call ahead the owner may let you use the class room to meet in if she isn't using it for classes.

Oh, and I can understand having to work to support a Quilting Bee habit! I have to limit myself sew much when I am there, although, my DH is quite generous. I haven't made it to A Heart Like Yours yet.

:-D

SewExtremeSeams 07-20-2011 08:42 PM

Do you mean Lalaland from California? She is the only one I could find on the board? :shock:

GwynR 07-21-2011 06:06 AM

Yes, that's her. I am excited to meet some other ladies in person! :-D Sure hope we can both get a couple of people together and meet up!