Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Row-by-Row (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/row-row-t305343.html)

EIQuilter 06-20-2019 01:51 PM

Row-by-Row

Is anybody doing the Row-by-Row this year?

Rhonda K 06-20-2019 02:44 PM

Yes, I will do a few. One of the LQS was designing their RxR on one of my recent visits. The owner asked me for suggestions. I suggested a kite and it was added to the design. I have a few kits from prior years in a plastic box that I will make someday.

ILoveToQuilt 06-20-2019 04:28 PM

Only 2 local LQS left in my area! One LQS just closed last week after many years in business. I guess having a JAF, Hobby Lobby. Michael's, AC Moore and Walmart within 5 miles is a killer. So sad to see the shop go.

I will get my 2 local RxR patterns, but don't know if I will do them. Love to see what other's have done.

Macybaby 06-21-2019 03:43 AM

was thinking about it, but several of the shops that have participated in my state are not doing it anymore. There are only 9 in the whole state. And most of them are 300 miles away from me.

I've done it three times and "won" all three. Mostly because a lot of what is sold goes to tourists traveling through. It normally costs me about $700 as I end up spending $50- $100 at each store, and then there is the gas because I also need to put on 600-800 miles to do it.

sewbizgirl 06-21-2019 05:03 AM

I have a beautiful one from three years ago hanging in my sewing room. It was fun to make but one was enough.

toverly 06-21-2019 05:29 AM

I'm with sewbizgirl, once I made my row quilt with the license plates, I am done. It's one of the most expensive quilts I have made with over 40 plates but it was fun collecting.

meanmom 06-21-2019 10:37 AM

I might pick up a few. Several of the LQS have stopped doing it. We are heading to island quilter in Hilton Head shortly. No idea what their pattern is but I will at least get the free one. One LQS at home does one that is really popular. I mailed out about 30 of them last year, it is Sew Easy in Sharonville, OH

Jannie 06-21-2019 08:12 PM

I looked at the patterns for our area and I wasn't excited about any of their patterns. Might look at other stores if we do any traveling this summer.

Murphy224 06-22-2019 12:41 AM

RhondaK says "I have a few kits from prior years in a plastic box that I will make someday."

Ditto!! quite a few kits and numerous patterns. Have taken that box to two retreats and have not done even one row. Decided last year that I just wasn't a "row by row girl" and needed to at least stop buying kits. But if I end up in any participating shops, will at least get the free pattern. My "someday" may be just around the corner. :)

coopah 06-22-2019 02:19 PM

I did them from the 2nd year to two years ago. Some patterns I liked, some I didn't. Some had clear instructions, many didn't. So, no. It was fun to collect them and get the plates, but most of it sits in a box...waiting. Maybe the elves will come and do something with all the "stuff." Actually, I did do a few that were pieced and then ripped the blocks apart to use in other projects. The appliques...will be the same. I will use the license plates for a quilt. It was fun to collect while I was vacationing.