Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   San Diego quilt shops? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/san-diego-quilt-shops-t239959.html)

sarge1 01-30-2014 10:24 AM

San Diego quilt shops?

I will be visiting San Diego for the first time, and I wondered if there are any "must visit" quilt shops in the area? I have used the Quilter's Travel Companion, and there seem to be many shops, just wondered if any of you had any favorites. I usually go for traditional looking patterns and fabrics, civil war, 30s repro... not into modern, batiks... Thanks in advance!

quiltstringz 01-30-2014 10:57 AM

I love Cozy Quilt Shop (follow online) and I know that if I was anywhere in the near vicinity I would be going! Here is their website http://www.cozyquilt.com/ and if you go to the bottom of the page over on the left hand side there is a link that will take you to directions. BTW if you haven't seen their Strip Six ruler you can check it out on line, there are some utubes and I know that they have a quilt demo once a month - maybe you will be nearby for that.

AUQuilter 01-30-2014 04:44 PM

Quilt in a Day is in San Marcos- was there two years ago. It is about 45 miles from Cozy Quilt in El Cajon. Different types of shops!

michelleoc 01-30-2014 07:59 PM

You MUST go to Rosie's Calico Cupboard! 7151 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115. (619) 697-5758. It is HUGE, and because they have so much stock their prices are really good. Tons of patterns and pattern books, a whole room of civil war fabrics, a room of batiks and flannels. One room of Hawaiian and African inspired fabrics. Fabrics in one room are organized by color, another room is organized by theme - dots, plaids, animals, transportation, bugs, nature, foods, holidays. Another room has Kaffe Fassett, Konas, wide fabrics. They have thread, buttons, batting, strips, jelly rolls, etc. Go to their website and print out their coupons for the month. Go there, you won't be sorry!!!!!

quiltingcandy 01-30-2014 08:13 PM

I have to agree with the three above places. I believe Rosie's has over 10,000 bolts of fabric - and it you are looking for a matching fabric - Rosie's is the place. I also like to go to Quilt in A Day - it is rather far away so don't go very often. We have Amethyst Quilts in Chula Vista. It is a nice little shop, the employees and owner are very nice.

sarge1 01-30-2014 09:09 PM

Awesome, thank you so much everyone!

celwood 01-31-2014 05:50 AM

I wish I was going with you. I go to cozyquilt.com on a daily basis. I once e-mailed the shop in the late evening and the owner, Daniella, answered me within minutes. They have a lot of patterns for precuts.

VernaL 01-31-2014 09:20 AM

San Diego Quilt shop

Originally Posted by michelleoc (Post 6545305)
You MUST go to Rosie's Calico Cupboard! 7151 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115. (619) 697-5758. It is HUGE, and because they have so much stock their prices are really good. Tons of patterns and pattern books, a whole room of civil war fabrics, a room of batiks and flannels. One room of Hawaiian and African inspired fabrics. Fabrics in one room are organized by color, another room is organized by theme - dots, plaids, animals, transportation, bugs, nature, foods, holidays. Another room has Kaffe Fassett, Konas, wide fabrics. They have thread, buttons, batting, strips, jelly rolls, etc. Go to their website and print out their coupons for the month. Go there, you won't be sorry!!!!!

DITTO on Rosie's. It is a little east of San Diego, but very close and VERY worth it. They have a wonderful sale room also. One of my favorite places!!

Tiggersmom 01-31-2014 04:54 PM

Rosie's on El Cajon Blvd. San Diego. She has a room of just civil war fabrics!

cjaneky 02-01-2014 07:04 AM

Was there last summer....Rosie's is the place to go.... I spent hours in there and loved it....you name it , they got it....have a ball....