Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   In search of quilting buddy - las vegas, nv (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/search-quilting-buddy-las-vegas-nv-t259704.html)

omgtimmcgraw 01-14-2015 03:04 PM

In search of quilting buddy - las vegas, nv

I am in search of a quilting buddy here in las vegas. i really enjoy quilting. i would like to find more friends whom quilt and can teach me more and figure out different patterns. i have been quilting for almost 6yrs. i am itching to do the double wedding ring quilt. i keep trying and want to learn. i havent been able to get it. i do travel about 1 hr out of vegas to visit my birth mother to spend several days and we quilt and do projects for 3 days. she has tought me to quilt. i need to find someone closer.

Dina 01-14-2015 03:19 PM

I wish I lived closer!! But I am sure someone can help you out. Have you located the local quilt guild/club. I am sure there is one. That might be a place to try out...

Dina

omgtimmcgraw 01-14-2015 03:24 PM

i did go to one a couple blocks away. i wasnt into it as much as going to my birth moms quilt group. i felt like when i would go to the on here i can do the same stuff at home. was not to much interactions. you did your own thing. if that makes since

Tink's Mom 01-14-2015 04:17 PM

I don't know which shop you went to....but, have you tried Quiltique in Henderson? It's on Stephanie...don't remember the address. You can check them out online....but, they are just wonderful in there. I have seen lots of ladies in there quilting in class.
I visit Vegas usually every year to see me BFF and we go hunting...having a ball the whole time.
There is also a wondrful shop in Boulder...on the square....next to the old movie theatre.

roguequilter 01-14-2015 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by omgtimmcgraw (Post 7047800)
i did go to one a couple blocks away. i wasnt into it as much as going to my birth moms quilt group. i felt like when i would go to the on here i can do the same stuff at home. was not to much interactions. you did your own thing. if that makes since

your statement makes perfect sense. i belong to two here in my area. one close, one not. the one that's not is like a ongoing party . sharing, visiting, laughing ..wonderful to be among this group of quilters. the other is closer and is exactly as you describe your recent adventure into group quilting. nice quilters, but everyone does their own thing & then goes home til nxt time. i can do my own thing at home & not brave icy roads or miss out on beautiful summer wanderings w that bff i married.

be patient, it will happen, found the close one by accident but it led me to an invitationto join the fun one.

omgtimmcgraw 01-14-2015 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i have not been to any quilt shops here in town. i mainly just search on line for quilts or projects. i am the kind of person that learns by one and one with someone showing me. normaily me and my birthmom will trouble shoot the quilts and project together. which is a lot of fun. i wish we lived closer thats why i want to find someone in town. also tired of only talking to a 3yr old all day.[ATTACH=CONFIG]506081[/ATTACH]

ManiacQuilter2 01-15-2015 05:25 AM

I moved over 1.5 years ago and I found a group at the senior center which lead to a group at a local church. You can check thru the LQS in your area and they usually know of quilting groups or a quilt guild. Check with local churches or Quilts of Valor. Don't give up. Keep looking.

Dina 01-15-2015 06:20 AM

[QUOTE=omgtimmcgraw;7047944]i have not been to any quilt shops here in town. i mainly just search on line for quilts or projects. i am the kind of person that learns by one and one with someone showing me. normaily me and my birthmom will trouble shoot the quilts and project together. which is a lot of fun. i wish we lived closer thats why i want to find someone in town. also tired of only talking to a 3yr old all day.[ATTACH=CONFIG]506081[/ATTACH][/QUO

TE]

But what a cute 3 year old!!!

cjr 01-15-2015 10:27 AM

Sending you a pm

omgtimmcgraw 01-15-2015 10:43 AM

cant wait.....