Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Shop recommendations in Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ottawa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/shop-recommendations-toronto-niagara-falls-ottawa-t58529.html)

Daysiedoolittle 08-08-2010 11:59 PM

Hi Folks!

We are shortly to spend ten days in Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ottawa. As time is limited I was wondering if anyone could recommend patchwork / quilting shops in those areas.

Many thanks,

Daysiedoolittle

gale 08-09-2010 12:06 AM

Jealous! We're actually going to Niagara Falls this week but dh doesn't want to do any shopping (other than souvenirs and even that he could do without). I never push it since we're always pressed for time with all the other things to do.

dmh 08-11-2010 03:22 AM

I was just in Niagara Falls for vacation. Found a quilt shop very close. The name is The Patchwork Porch, Niagara Falls. They have a web site you can get directions that way. It was a great shop, and very nice owners. ENJOY, I did. :)
Blessings to you,
Debbie

shopaholic97 08-11-2010 04:14 AM

There are a lot of great shops in Toronto depending on what part of the city you will be in. My lqs is Quilter's Pallette in the west end & Sew-Sisters in the North end just a few minutes from the 401. Both have web sites
Don't know of any in Ottawa perhaps someone else will.
Have a great holiday her in our area.

keesha_ont 08-11-2010 05:43 AM

If possible make a day trip to the Port Dover area - Len's Mill Store has tons of fabric. In Simcoe there is a quilt shop, Waterford has a quilt shop, Renton has a quilt shop, Selkirk has a quilt shop, Normandale has a quilt shop and Caledonia has a quilt shop - all within a half hour of port Dover. Enjoy.

Happy Tails 08-11-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Daysiedoolittle
Hi Folks!

We are shortly to spend ten days in Toronto, Niagara Falls and Ottawa. As time is limited I was wondering if anyone could recommend patchwork / quilting shops in those areas.

Many thanks,

Daysiedoolittle

When you get to Ottawa, go visit www.therunningstitch.ca Great shop :)

quilter1 08-12-2010 04:19 PM

I would recommend Lens Mill Stores, there are several around the Southern Ontario area, just Google it and you can choose a spot. As for Toronto, I go to Evelyns's Sewing Center (the Quilt Shop) in Newmarket (north of Toronto) , in Oshawa I like the Ultimate Sewing Center (right off the 401 east of Toronto), in Scarborough (Eastern Toronto) there is the Quilting Patch, a charming store run by real quilters. In Ottawa there is the Quilters Quarters in Almonte, about 1/2 hour west of Ottawa. I don't know any shops in Ottawa as I live in Toronto. All of these places have websites. If you would like to PM me, I could send a recommendation for a few restaurants too.