Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Sisters, Oregon quilt show???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/sisters-oregon-quilt-show-t50809.html)

rhueluna 06-24-2010 11:26 AM

Oh you been to Grandma's attic huh? It is a good one alright. Grandma Rachel knows her stuff too.

scrappylouisa 06-24-2010 12:35 PM

I've had my motel reservations for months. Now if hubby gets his vacation approved we will be arriving in Bend on Friday the 9th and then driving to Sisters early Saturday morning for the quilt show.

adrianlee 06-24-2010 05:48 PM

I have a friend who has family in a town not too far from Sisters. She goes down every summer and has taken in the quilt show. Marge has a super time of it. Wear comfy shoes, bring a hat, also sunscreen.

Charlee 06-24-2010 05:55 PM

I'll be there on Saturday if I can get off work!

wvdek 06-24-2010 06:09 PM

Iffin I lived there instead of here, I would be there. Love that part of the country and should have moved there when I had the chance.

Have fun!

KarenBarnes 06-24-2010 06:44 PM

There are a few women who are planning to get together that day from our group here in the NW. I don't recall now who is actually going to be able to go. I was planning to go but I have two sons who have a birthday that day and one of them is going to be out on his Navy ship for the next 10 months or so. I suppose we should have a birthday party instead of a quilt show! :( Maybe next year!

Quilter2B 06-24-2010 07:04 PM

You will enjoy yourself; in fact, you'll probably think you've enjoyed a little peak at heaven. Haven't been to Sisters in many, many years but it WILL BE AWESOME!!! I'm soooooo jealous!!

amandasgramma 06-25-2010 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
Oh you been to Grandma's attic huh? It is a good one alright. Grandma Rachel knows her stuff too.

Yip -- been there --bought some fabric to make mom some placemats. Made a mistake and called them...was able to order over the phone. Had the fabric within days! Great service. And GREAT selection!

amandasgramma 06-25-2010 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
There are a few women who are planning to get together that day from our group here in the NW. I don't recall now who is actually going to be able to go. I was planning to go but I have two sons who have a birthday that day and one of them is going to be out on his Navy ship for the next 10 months or so. I suppose we should have a birthday party instead of a quilt show! :( Maybe next year!

Ah shoot! But definately do the birthday thing.....best of luck for your son on the ship, too!

KarenBarnes 06-25-2010 06:41 AM

I definitely will be at the gathering in September! It is in The Dalles which is a little closer to you Dee! Feathers is hosting then... Have a good time in Sisters!