Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show-Oregon July 9th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/sisters-outdoor-quilt-show-oregon-july-9th-t135165.html)

Jazzz 07-04-2011 11:11 AM

Hey all you lucky quilters going Saturday to the quilt show!!!

I hope you will post lots of pics and not just the quilts. The town is so beautiful with all the quilts hanging from the buildings and having the beautiful mountain and trees in the background.

I've been fortunate enough to go around 4 or 5 times when visiting friends in the area. I think my first time was 1994 a little before it got very, very popular. Haven't been back since my last time in 2003. I'm sure it's even bigger. It's my favorite quilt show of all.

Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures.
Have fun everyone!!

beatys9 07-04-2011 04:08 PM

HUm... Makes me think, how far a drive is this from Seattle? I've been hearing about this show for years but never gone. Now you've got me thinking :) Shannon

Jazzz 07-04-2011 06:25 PM

Shannon, it's so worth it. I lived in CDA, ID east of Spokane and went a couple of times and stayed with friends in Bend. Now that I'm in CO, not as easy. Plus now I have kids lol. Really hope it works out for you!!

Theresa 07-05-2011 03:10 AM

The weather report as of today is for 80 degrees on Saturday...perfect!!!

quiltingnonie 07-05-2011 06:25 AM

EVERY quilter should go at least once in their lifetime!
It is truly amazing and inspiring.

Jazzz 07-05-2011 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Theresa
The weather report as of today is for 80 degrees on Saturday...perfect!!!

Of course the weather is perfect. I remember talking to the ladies at the Sisters' quilt shop. The said the locals say "If you want to have an outdoor wedding, choose the second Saturday in July because 99.9% of the time it won't rain!!"

Jazzz 07-05-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie

Laurie, I remember that quilt in your avitar. Only I had to see it on a poster, right? It truly represents the landscape and the fun colors represents the excitement and beautiful quilts there.

amma 07-05-2011 07:05 AM

I really wanted to go this year... but it just can't be :(
I am hoping for next year though!! :D:D:D

quiltingnonie 07-05-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzz

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie

Laurie, I remember that quilt in your avitar. Only I had to see it on a poster, right? It truly represents the landscape and the fun colors represents the excitement and beautiful quilts there.

Yes! It is one of their commemorative Quilt Show patterns by Valorie Wells.

beatys9 07-05-2011 09:41 AM

Alas... Tis not to be this year. Both of my older kids are out of town next weekend & DH is working so no one available to watch the youngest. Sigh.