Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Smoky Mountains Quilting Retreat 2013-Sevierville, TN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/smoky-mountains-quilting-retreat-2013-sevierville-tn-t221450.html)

Maraleah 05-14-2013 05:15 AM

Smoky Mountains Quilting Retreat 2013-Sevierville, TN

Our Smoky Mountain retreat for 2013 will again be the last full week in June (22-29) at the Lodge at Douglas Lake. We still have up to 10 spaces left. The cost will be $200.00 for the entire week.

The lodge has a 1200 square foot room where we set up our machines and workspace for the week. It's really the perfect venue for a quilting retreat. It's such fun. We eat, laugh, and shop hop. Oh...we also quilt!

We will be bringing our own food and I will assign each room a meal, either breakfast or dinner. Lunch will be leftovers or sandwiches. We will also do our gift exchange and have a trash to treasure table. This was such fun and Sara Wall, a fellow quilter and the owner of the lodge, is a wonderful, gracious hostess.

This is a non-profit, member organized retreat. The $200.00 pays for lodging for the week. It's a great price for in-season lodging for the Gatlinburg-Smoky Mountain area. Please email me ASAP if you'd like to join us.

Tartan 05-14-2013 05:34 AM

Sounds lovely but to far for me.:)

Steady Stiching 05-15-2013 04:32 AM

I would go in a heartbeat if i could find someone to travel with from the Detroit/Ann Arbor area

Geri B 05-15-2013 05:44 AM

ah, spent a week several yrs back in that area in a cabin on a mountain called English Mountain...don't know if the rental units are still there....it was fabulous......would love to do this retreat, but life gets in the way..............this is an absolutely lovely place to be...........

stitchinwitch 05-15-2013 06:16 AM

That looks beautiful - but, is there a 20+ walk-up to the front door?? I would LOVE to go!

britfutur 05-16-2013 05:39 AM

Would love to go another time. I'm in Richmond, VA and have to do petsitting that week for 2 families. Darn! Sounds awesome.

Diane

jbj137 05-16-2013 08:20 AM

I would love to come, but my guy and I are headed to Canada for 2 weeks then.

tenngal 05-17-2013 11:33 AM

I am physically not able to come but would love more info on the next one. I know the area well and may have some friends who would come with me. Is there a brochure or anything I could get to give them to peruse?

tenngal @ [email protected]

Julie R 05-20-2013 05:12 PM

Oohhh, wish I could go, but I'm traveling for work that week. Hope everyone has a wonderful time:)

redvette54 05-22-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Steady Stiching (Post 6064933)
I would go in a heartbeat if i could find someone to travel with from the Detroit/Ann Arbor area

I'm in the Ann Arbor area. I wish I would have heard about this 3 or 4 months ago, I would have loved to go. Sadly, now its too short notice. I do love to go on retreats. Steady, do you know of any retreats closer to home, in the fall?