Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Vermont Quilt Show 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/vermont-quilt-show-2013-a-t223059.html)

Sheila_H 06-05-2013 01:45 PM

Vermont Quilt Show 2013

Hi everyone I'm planning on going to the Vermont Quilt Show at the end of this month I was wondering if any of you are planning on attending this year? and what days? I found some great prices at the La Quinta Inn in South Burlington and it's not too far from the College.

Monroe 06-05-2013 04:24 PM

I'll be there, probably Sunday with 2 or 3 of my sisters. Not taking any classes this year. I think Saturdays are the busiest days.

Sheila_H 06-05-2013 05:12 PM

I'm not doing classes this year either I just want to poke around and look and shop I may go on Friday, Saturday will be too much of a zoo I agree. Be nice to meet up with some people if there's a group going.

Pete 06-06-2013 08:07 AM

Went last year - you will love it!

cricket_iscute 06-06-2013 11:40 AM

This will be my 22nd year in a row at Vermont Quilt Festival. I love it. This year, I'm in rehab for a herniated disc, and working hard on my physical therapy so I can go. I am taking classes, as always. On my way there, I'll stop at Shelburne Museum on Wednesday for the Velda Newman exhibit. I'm taking a zentangle class Thursday, a class on feather quilting with Sue Nickels on Friday, and a thread painting class with Nancy Prince on Saturday. I didn't take a class Sunday and will go to the show until it closes at 3 pm.

I didn't book earlier because we didn't know if I would be well enough to go, so I booked today when my physical therapists and docs agreed that I have a good chance of being ready. Some of you know how much walking and lugging of equipment is done there! A lot!

I found a room at the Motel 6, which is not a great hotel but for 4 days it will do. I'm lucky to find one so late.

Barbgil 06-06-2013 04:25 PM

where in VT is it and what are the dates. We plan on being in E Burke VT June 8, 9 and 10

cricket_iscute 06-06-2013 04:49 PM

It opens Thursday, June 27 through Sunday, June 30. It is near Burlington, VT. The show itself, which opens about 7 pm on Thursday, is at Champlain Valley Expo in Essex Junction, VT. Classes are there and at St. Michael's college in Colchester, VT, about 3 miles away. You can go to the show without registering for classes.

Monroe 06-13-2013 10:09 PM

Cricket- Last year I mentioned to the organizers they consider having Rollator style walkers (seats and brakes) available for rent. I'm sure some medical rental company could make a deal. I have 2 crappy knees, and it was amazing how many walkers were being used at the show. Other folks were wishing they could have brought theirs, but no room in the car. They can be purchased for about $80 at WalMart, drugstores, online w/ free shipping, etc. The ones with 6 - 8" wheels are better if you have to walk on grass or uneven pavement. Surgical supply houses charge $200 or more! Some insurance companies cover the cost. Put an ad on Craigslist and Freecycle, check with Thrift stores and churches for loaners. I use mine for toting my machine, and it's a few inches higher than a regular chair. Anything that saves unnecessary pain is great!