Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   Went to my first Guild meetingin Jeff City, Missouri (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/went-my-first-guild-meetingin-jeff-city-missouri-t46381.html)

Panther Creek Quilting 05-19-2010 04:37 AM

While searching the board yesterday, I saw that there was a quilt show local to me and after searching more I found a guild about 40 minutes from me. I was so excited and looked on their site and the meeting was last night. So I put on my brave face and went.

I was the Missouri River Quilters Guild, in Jefferson City, Missouri. They were so friendly. When I arrived, they looked genuinly happy to see me. After learning that I didn't know anyone there, they paired me with with a group of buddies. I met a lot of ladies and loved the meeting. First they have a social half-hour with drinks and snacks. They had a business portion that lasted a little while since they are trying to wrap up for their Quilt show in June. Then they had a guest speaker from the sewing center in Mexico. She presented a trunk show and I was in quilt overload. But much to my excitement they also had a show and tell and with 75 members, they had about 15 more quilts shown for this portion of the meeting. Then they dismissed and I had at least ten people ask me to please come back and tell me that they would love to have join (not pushy like). It was so much fun and YES I will be going again.

Sheila

P.S. Their Quilt show is in June and they have commitments for over 300 quilts already. If you have a chance, it will be worth it to go.

CarrieAnne 05-19-2010 04:38 AM

Oh, glad you went and had fun!

MamaBear61 05-19-2010 04:52 AM

Sounds like a wonderful group.

sharon b 05-19-2010 05:38 AM

Sometimes the hardest part is walking thru the door, but once you do that it feels like home :lol: Glad you had a good time and now you have more quilting buddies :thumbup:

sweet 05-19-2010 05:55 AM

How nice, it's so cool that you met up with such a wonderful group!

Pam 05-19-2010 06:00 AM

I am so glad that you had a nice time. It certainly does sound like a nice group to belong to. Good for you.

Bobbielinks 05-19-2010 06:48 AM

Very glad you went and had a great time! Could you please let me know the date and address of the quilt show in Jeff. City?

LoisN 05-19-2010 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
Very glad you went and had a great time! Could you please let me know the date and address of the quilt show in Jeff. City?

Ditto. I'd like to come to the show in June. Keep us posted.
Lois

amma 05-19-2010 07:00 AM

That is awesome!!! I can't wait to hear more about the guild and the quilt show :D:D:D

Quilter7x 05-19-2010 07:04 AM

This is exactly the type of experience every quilter should have when they go to a guild meeting.

This is wonderful and we can all hear the excitement in your "voice"! :D:

You'll have to figure out when they meet. Some have their meetings following the school year schedule with nothing in the summer, and others have their year be Jan-Dec with meetings all year round.

Do take pictures of the quilt show and let us see them. I am so glad you went for the meeting last night, it's opening up a whole different world for you. :D