Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Quilter's Group - San Jose area >

Quilter's Group - San Jose area

Quilter's Group - San Jose area

Old 04-09-2013, 02:19 PM

Default Quilter's Group - San Jose area

Hi there-

Anyone interested in getting together to quilt/sew once a month or so, I am in the South Bay area and can host.

Also enjoy shophops, Heart of the Valley is in May and Shop Hop by the Bay is in June.

Traci
Old 04-10-2013, 05:44 AM

I would love to, but I just moved to Reno and it would be a bit of a drive. Prior to moving we had a group of 12 gals that got together to work on our individual projects, each hosting once a year. Was a great way to enjoy a great hobby!! Good luck, hope you get a group together.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:10 AM

Let's chat off line. Please PM me. Maybe we can work something out.

I live in Mtn. View and it's a straight shot down 85 to San Martin. I also go to Morgan Hill once a month for the local ANG Needleworkers Guild that meets at Modonna Needleworks.

Do you belong to any of the local quilt guilds here?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:20 AM

I do not belong to any guilds as of yet, they mostly seem to meet on weeknights which are hard for me. I do belong to a few meetup groups and have met a few ladies there.

Originally Posted by catsnchina View Post
Let's chat off line. Please PM me. Maybe we can work something out.

I live in Mtn. View and it's a straight shot down 85 to San Martin. I also go to Morgan Hill once a month for the local ANG Needleworkers Guild that meets at Modonna Needleworks.

Do you belong to any of the local quilt guilds here?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM

I live in San Jose and would very much like to meet up with fellow quilters to sew.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
Hi there-

Anyone interested in getting together to quilt/sew once a month or so, I am in the South Bay area and can host.

Also enjoy shophops, Heart of the Valley is in May and Shop Hop by the Bay is in June.

Traci
I belong to the Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild. Our next meeting is Saturday. Info is here: http://bamodernquiltguild.ning.com/

The guild is refreshingly populated by younger quilters (anyone under 40 in my case).

There is also a Fabmo event Saturday morning, if you're interested. http://www.fabmo.org/fabmo/Home.html

Fabmo distributes fabric (free with suggested donation). There are silks, satins, upholstery samples, cottons, etc. Whatever can be used for sewing and is donated.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 AM

Thank you for the info, I did sign up on the website and may be able to make it on Saturday!

Fabmo is a fun event, for sure... I'll have to stop by there as well as I missed last month!!

Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
I belong to the Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild. Our next meeting is Saturday. Info is here: http://bamodernquiltguild.ning.com/

The guild is refreshingly populated by younger quilters (anyone under 40 in my case).

There is also a Fabmo event Saturday morning, if you're interested. http://www.fabmo.org/fabmo/Home.html

Fabmo distributes fabric (free with suggested donation). There are silks, satins, upholstery samples, cottons, etc. Whatever can be used for sewing and is donated.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 PM

There is also Peninsula Quilters guild that meets in San Mateo and they alternate between day and evening meetings. I believe it is days on odd months and evenings on even months.

I went to Fabmo when I lived in Foster City. I bought some nice upholstery fabric that I made into couch pillows for my son.

Santa Clara also has a guild, I believe. I found this information: they also meet days and evenings. Here is their website:http://scvqa.org/meetings/
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM

I went to Fabmo this past weekend and picked up some gorgeous linens.... Oooooooh aaaahhhhhhhh...

Is anyone going to the Santa Clara Guild Quilt Show this weekend?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM

Yes, I'll be at the SCVQA quilt show on Sat. 4/20. I'm helping vendors from 9:30-11:30 and then will be sitting at the ANG Madonna Needleworks table for a couple of hours working on needlepoint.

I'll have a name tag "Carolynn Chase". If you are coming Sat., stop by as I would like to meet you.

Fabmo is cool. I cancelled my selection appointment this month, but usually go every other month or so. Lots of the fabric makes wonderful totes and I've picked up enough huge pieces of polished cotton in the past the makes great quilt backings after being washed to remove the polish.

Hope to see you Sat at the quilt show.