Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #20 Photo Page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candi
    Ok, question. For those of you who are turning the seams under, how are you handling the tiny points? I do OK with points on leaves and wider shapes, but like the scrolls, that end point is almost impossible to hide, I end up doing a lot of gluing and pushing and more gluing and some trimming, but not totally satisfied with the end results on those. Any tips?
    I beat them down with a hammer!!!!! :shock: :shock: If that doesn't work, I start saying things that would make my mama want to wash my mouth out with soap!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

Actually, we have all been complaining and fussing over those itty bitty narrow points. :cry: :cry: I can get some of them to come out reasonably well, and then I will have some that just won't no matter what I do. I'm making the 7" blocks so I don't know if those who are making the larger blocks are struggling as much as us 7"ers.

Blog Entries
    Patty, you will find this really weird...I made the 7" blocks for the center and then I enlarged the blocks for the outer border, so I'm working on 10" blocks now. When I first started the larger ones, I thought..wow, these are easier...but now, I don't think so...You have so much more fabric to roll up so you don't squish wrinkles into it the I have a hard time holding the little points down with my left thumb when I am stitching! (Well, DH does occasionally say that I would gripe if I was hung with a NEW rope!) LOL!

Patty and Pat, you are both too funny,lol.
    I need to take a photo of some of the pieces in progress and show you all the madness here, lol.

Dh says the same thing to me "you would complain if you were hung with a brand new rope"
    and I tell him "OF COURSE I WOULD, if it was new it wouldnt snap in the fall, I wouldnt be able to make a get away! if you REALLY love me at all you would give me a 50yr old rope!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Patty, you will find this really weird...I made the 7" blocks for the center and then I enlarged the blocks for the outer border, so I'm working on 10" blocks now. When I first started the larger ones, I thought..wow, these are easier...but now, I don't think so...You have so much more fabric to roll up so you don't squish wrinkles into it the I have a hard time holding the little points down with my left thumb when I am stitching! (Well, DH does occasionally say that I would gripe if I was hung with a NEW rope!) LOL!
    oh, your dh and my dh have some very similar sayings, patty! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    Dh says the same thing to me "you would complain if you were hung with a brand new rope"
    and I tell him "OF COURSE I WOULD, if it was new it wouldnt snap in the fall, I wouldnt be able to make a get away! if you REALLY love me at all you would give me a 50yr old rope!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
    good comback! :XD:

Kathy, your block 20 is beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Kathy, I think your block is beautiful. The oranges make it look warm and inviting and then your beautiful aqua center reminds me of an oasis where you can cool off. Great job.

Blog Entries
    Here is the pic of my Block 20

Ooops no pic....

Looks perfect to me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Here is the one I did

Block 20
    Name:  Attachment-265587.jpe
Views: 11
Size:  54.9 KB

Beautiful - lovely bright centre.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oooo! I think I like this one the best - so far! You're gonna be finished before you know it!

Junior Member The Ivory Thimble's Avatar
    I just love these Affairs of the heart series!

Quote Originally Posted by The Ivory Thimble
    I just love these Affairs of the heart series!
    Me too! Each block posted is another beauty. Each one shows individuality .

Blog Entries
    Pattis, that block is gorgeous! Love your bright colors. I really need to get back to mine. Haven't worked on any of them for a couple of months.

ooh, love it :thumbup: great block and I've seen so many this morning, I sure am raring to get some done.
    I will be getting back to it and giving you guys something to look at, however they turn out, lol...just a matter of working around all the obstacles :thumbup:

Another beautiful block.

beautiful

They are both lovely - beautiful colour choices. Well done.

Blog Entries
    I love your blend of colors, Pattis and your workmanship looks great. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    IvoryThimble it's not too late to jump in and join us. Some of our group started early, JTG, jumped the gun, but there are others of us who will be working on this for months to come. We'd love to have more company. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    I love your blend of colors, Pattis and your workmanship looks great. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    IvoryThimble it's not too late to jump in and join us. Some of our group started early, JTG, jumped the gun, but there are others of us who will be working on this for months to come. We'd love to have more company. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Even some of us who started early will still be working on it for months to come. I got sidetracked a couple months ago and really need to get back to it. So come on in Ivory Thimble, it's never too late.

Blog Entries
    Oh yes...just jump in Ivory Thimble...there is plenty of company for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
    amen to that! I just talked to a friend yesterday that has one block done, and I only have two and somebody else said the other day she was going to join.
    Nobody's behind...just several ahead, lol! :thumbup:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 LastLast