Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #20 Photo Page

Blog Entries
    Elle, I think yours looks fabulous! Thats what I'm working on right now. I just did a scroll and got to the back side and didn't have any fabric to turn under....GRRRRR....so off it will come to start over.. I love your fabric choices on this one...YUMMY!!

beautiful Elle

Very pretty!

Oh Patti, I did that more than once with this one. Trouble is there is a tight corner on one of the scrolls. I ended up basting it round my pattern piece, made the job a bit easier. If all else fails baste the devil.

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Elle, you are stacking up some very lovely blocks!!!

How many do you hace done now? I haven't been keeping track.

He hecho seite bloques ahora - I have made 7 blocks now.

On the 8th block, just picking at random, I have only posted 6 as I want the right colour of silk thread for one of the blocks

Muy biene.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    He hecho seite bloques ahora - I have made 7 blocks now.

On the 8th block, just picking at random, I have only posted 6 as I want the right colour of silk thread for one of the blocks

Muy biene.

Elle
    Good job you provided the translation Elle - sadly I am totally non bilingual. Wooo Hoo, nearly half way to getting the centre section done, well done.

Blog Entries
    I made a mistake on the fabric for this one Elle... The yellow I chose for the smaller of the 2 scrolls is a nice fabric..but does have a looser weave. I'll watch for that on future blocks. I'm leaning towards some "creative thread painting" on it....we'll see.

I saw that you had problems and I am not surprised 7" blocks would try the patience of a saint. Thread painting might be a good option, that would be very creative

Blog Entries
    Don't feel bad. None of my scrolls are the same size when I get them sewn down. some a skinnier than the others. So I think I need to redo this block again until I get it right. :(

I found those scrolls really trying, in the end I basted them around the paper pattern, not easy, but it worked, that was the only way I could do them.

O my Gosh ! How gorgeous this is...

Lovely color combination,fantastic work !

Blog Entries
    Well, I could do the freezer paper thing Elle, but I'm stubborn and determined to do it ALL with just my needle (and toothpick). Mine are ending up the same size..its just that inner tight innie point. I think I'm going to "paint" the ones that need some extra help when I get to that point.

Lynnie...I'm not sure I would do them over...I most certainly wouldn't do it now..only if it sticks out like a sore thumb at the end when you are ready to put it all together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Good job you provided the translation Elle - sadly I am totally non bilingual. Wooo Hoo, nearly half way to getting the centre section done, well done.
    I don't know about that, Lesley - of course, you speak English very well, but you do a really great job at American, too!!!!!!!! Haha!

Blog Entries
    I don't know about that, Lesley - of course, you speak English very well, but you do a really great job at American, too!!!!!!!! Haha! AND, you are an expert at teaching what we over here across the permanent puddle call "ESL" - English as a Second Language!!!! Our primary language is American. :-) :-) :-)

Blog Entries
    Sorry about that - I tried to stop it, but I guess it posted while I was adding the rest of the post. Can't delete.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    I don't know about that, Lesley - of course, you speak English very well, but you do a really great job at American, too!!!!!!!! Haha! AND, you are an expert at teaching what we over here across the permanent puddle call "ESL" - English as a Second Language!!!! Our primary language is American. :-) :-) :-)
    Aaah, but where did you get the American from????? Couldn't have been anything to do with the Mayflower, could it?

Now this I feel is a tricky question. I know we spell our words different to my American friends, but tell me something, do you have an English Dictionary or an American Dictionary. For instance we spell colour like so while you spell color that way. Inquiring minds want to know

Blog Entries
    Now this I feel is a tricky question. I know we spell our words different to my American friends, but tell me something, do you have an English Dictionary or an American Dictionary. For instance we spell colour like so while you spell color that way. Inquiring minds want to know
    Well, my 'puter came with the two options Elle.

Ha hah so there is an American Dictionary

Blog Entries
    Ha hah so there is an American Dictionary
    LOL, of course there is Elle, it's full of words that they don't know how to spell in English. (Apologies, ladies, no offense meant, just teasing.)

Blog Entries
    According to "Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language" College Edition 1966 - "colour" is the British spelling of "color."

get this - color is definied as "the sensation resulting from stimulation of the retina of the eye by light waves of certain lengths."

Blog Entries
    If you think we spell badly now, just wait until this "texting" generation gets a little older...color will then be spelled :culr"...:wink:

Blog Entries
    Can you just see us calling a color , "you know that fabric with the 40mm long wave length!!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast