Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #20 Photo Page

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Yes...perhaps when you are re-united with that darn camera!
    It won't be long now...cuz I found mine! :thumbup:
    Elle, sending you fantastic camera-finding-mojo!!!! ;-)

Well Mousie camera didn´´t turn up. But I bought a card reader and found another camera that I had forgotten about, so I am okay to go on holiday now.

Blog Entries
    if we all get these done what are we going to do for the rest of the year june-april of next year Just a little curious?????

Blog Entries
    I'm going to have to attack this stack of a block collection (from all the swaps) and my 5 IRR UFO's..:roll:! I bet you'll find something to do....you could start on Little Brown Bird...I think Lesley and Kathy are going to do that one.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to have to attack this stack of a block collection (from all the swaps) and my 5 IRR UFO's..:roll:! I bet you'll find something to do....you could start on Little Brown Bird...I think Lesley and Kathy are going to do that one.
    what is little brown bird????? never heard of it . Does it have scrolls!!!!!!! cause if it does I will skip it

Blog Entries

they are all sooo beautiful. I love your work!!

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking my next one is going to be a machine appliqued quilt. I went to sewing group this morning and one of the things we saw was a quilt called Classic Beauty. What I really love about this quilt are the stitches outlining the applique patterns. They are really different - not just satin stitching like so many are. Here's a link to a blog which really shows some of the neat stitches.

http://blog.heirloomcreations.net/?tag=classic-beauty

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Little Brown Bird is another quilt in this Masterpiece Applique Series like AOTH is. The book is out of print, but used copies are available, if you want to take out a 2nd mortgage on your house! It's really pretty, and no, I don't think there are any scrolls, but there are plenty of leaves!

Blog Entries
    That is really pretty, but I think it requires a machine that has embroidery capabilities. That leaves me out! Still a pretty quilt & to purchase the kits isn't a bad price either.

Blog Entries
    Judy...I really like the way they have appliqued those pieces down..really pretty! I think I could do circles like that without the embroidery pattern..using my fancy stitches and my circle tool. I guess for that quilt, you would have to buy the block kits...is that $8.99 per block? or for all 12 blocks, I wonder...I couldn't find it.

Blog Entries
    Yes, Kathy, it really is a quilt for an embroidery machine, which I do have. I like doing applique with the embroidery machine, but like I said, most designers just do a satin stitch around them and that gets really tiring.

I guess you could do the quilt without an embroidery machine by buying the precuts, but that would sure add up, Patti. I believe that each kit, which is $8.99, includes 4 sets of the same block. Looking at the pattern for a queen size quilt, it would be several hundred dollars just for the precuts and then you'd have to have all the other fabrics. If I do it, I'll pre-fuse my left over batiks from AOTH and cut them out ahead of time like their pre-cuts. But that's a ways in the future. I have to finish AOTH first. If I start something else, I'll never get AOTH done.

golly...this book was 58.00 less than a week ago! :shock:
    I love the book, but not quite that much. darn!

Blog Entries
    It is a pricey deal isn't it???

Blog Entries
    Judy,
    That quilt is really pretty. I'm going to be dividing my quilting time between AOTH & a new one for DH office at the prison. He had a horrible painting that was done by an inmate back in 2000. I'm sure the previous Education Director had him do it, but it was horrible When I was in ALbuquerqer, I bought a book & will make a quilt from that book. It shouldn't take much more than a month. I think the hardest part will be printing out all the patterns from the CD.

Blog Entries
    So are you making the pattern on the front of the book? You need to spill all the details on Lesley's PDA..:wink:

Love the color combo,,, and very nice applique work

Blog Entries
    I found a book with Applique' it is called (Flowers Hearts and GARLANDS) I think I should like to do this one next. Why is that other book so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie k
    I found a book with Applique' it is called (Flowers Hearts and GARLANDS) I think I should like to do this one next. Why is that other book so expensive?
    ohh, I have that book in my wish list! :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie k
    ohh, I have that book in my wish list! :P
    I bought it from Barnes and nobles and when I get home it should be there I think I will try that instead of little brown birds book it looks to complicated I am still learning

They are stunning!

Hugs

beautiful :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Now I'll have to go look at that one Lynnie.

Editted to say....oh what a great book! I found it on Connecting Threads on sale for $16 bucks...good deal!

Now I'll have to go look at that one Lynnie.

Editted to say....oh what a great book! I found it on Connecting Threads on sale for $16 bucks...good deal!
    I had to run and see what I could get it for on amazon...16.74 NEW! so I snatched it up before I forgot what I was there for...oh yes,...I have done that...many times :roll: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I will be on the lookout for the Little Brown Bird book maybe I will find it cheaper someplace. If not I will do the Flowers hearts and Garland

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast