Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby bibs for a charity... super easy!

I made a bunch of baby bibs for a guild charity. I bought the wash clothes at BigLots for about $.80 a piece, so all together, with the velcro fasteners, they are about $1.25 to make. I am seriously thinking about making a bunch of these to sell at a craft bazaar this Christmas. Do you think $5.00 a piece is too much? They take about 20-25 minutes to make each one.

I barely got these on the couch to take a picture before our cat had to come check them out!
    Name:  Attachment-69649.jpe
Views: 238
Size:  56.0 KB

absolutely adorable! price them at your max, you can always go down but you can't go up!

Those are really cute. They would probably see well at a bazaar. You could make seasonal ones. Applique a little pumpkin, tree, santa etc. Maybe a 1 for a first birthday. I'm sure the possibilities are endless. Good luck.

sounds like a good price to me, you can always lower a price but you can't put it up. maybe $5.50 and 2 for $10.00
    love the cat

I will have to find some other projects to add to this. Last Christmas, my son bought me a pincushion that looked like a cupcake. He spent $5.00 on it. I am sure I could make it for a lot less. I might do some of those too. I also have some towel aprons I've made to go over the handle of the kitchen stove, so those would sell too. I guess what I don't sell could become Christmas gifts for my friends and family. Any other good bazaar ideas?

Cute bibs!! Gorgeous quilt inspector too!! I see your quilt inspector likes them too!

I made several similar to your baby bibs except with hand towels for adult bibs. I had baby bibs left at the end of the show but sold every last adult bib. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
    I made several similar to your baby bibs except with hand towels for adult bibs. I had baby bibs left at the end of the show but sold every last adult bib. Just a thought.
    Hmmm... that is an idea. I should make some for my own children (5 and 8) for when they are wearing light colored clothes and eating pizza!

Last night (I think) I saw a post on criss cross coasters. Those would make a good bazaar item and could probably use up a lot of scraps.

I really like these bibs, do you have a pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    I really like these bibs, do you have a pattern?
    Nope, I don't. I found an old one when I was cleaning out my garage. I thought I could make my own, so I did. I have no idea where the one I have came from. My sister gave it to me after she used it for her two boys. Her oldest son is 14, so I am sure it is about that old, so I doubt there would be a problem with me making my own pattern from it. Not only that, but I bet I could Google it and find a free pattern on-line.

I did goggle and couldn't find anything that looked like what you made. If you decide to make a pattern I would love a copy. Can trade for fabric.

Very cute My girl friend daughter just had a litle girl today. These will be cute to make when she is bigger.

I did goggle and couldn't find anything that looked like what you made. If you decide to make a pattern I would love a copy. Can trade for fabric.
    Me too!

Banned
    I Love those bibs...& the cat.......
    bopeep

Those are so cute. I love them. And easy to make. I bet you can sell those easily.

Blog Entries
    i totally think the price is fair, considering time, thread, materials , and amount of love sewed into each one.. Go for it, and make it optional to yourself at the cost if they don't seem to sell at $5.00... Totally cute...

Blog Entries
    burp rags for newborns? maybe make a burb rag thing to go over the shoulder? cute flannel prints for something like that..

Good idea. Maybe coordinating with the bibs...

I am also thinking about making portable diaper holders that fold out to a changing pad. I saw a pattern for one that holds one diaper and a few wipes. That way, a mom can put it in her purse instead of having to carry a diaper bag.

I am also thinking about making laptop bags and water bottle holders. My sister said she'd buy both. As if! Guess what she is getting for her birthday... :lol:

Blog Entries
    love the idea of the changing pad thing.. please show a photo of that if you are going to make one.. i would love to see one, and buy one for a baby gift in November..

Here are the burp cloths I make, they are cotton on one side and terry cloth on the spit up side. I tried flannel but the moms said it didn't absorb the spit so I switched to terry cloth and they said that was perfect.

I try to get a cotton print for the back that matches the embroidery design I do on the front. I sell them for $4 each, that's my material cost doubled. It may seem a little cheap but I try to make my prices the most competitive so I am left with the least inventory at the end of the day.

Burp Cloths
    Name:  Attachment-25994.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  17.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I made a bunch of baby bibs for a guild charity. I bought the wash clothes at BigLots for about $.80 a piece, so all together, with the velcro fasteners, they are about $1.25 to make. I am seriously thinking about making a bunch of these to sell at a craft bazaar this Christmas. Do you think $5.00 a piece is too much? They take about 20-25 minutes to make each one.
    Those are so beautiful I would love to learn how you did them. PM me please and tell me! Your cat is Beautiful!!!
    :shock: :thumbup: :XD:

Here are the burp cloths I make, they are cotton on one side and terry cloth on the spit up side. I tried flannel but the moms said it didn't absorb the spit so I switched to terry cloth and they said that was perfect.

I try to get a cotton print for the back that matches the embroidery design I do on the front. I sell them for $4 each, that's my material cost doubled. It may seem a little cheap but I try to make my prices the most competitive so I am left with the least inventory at the end of the day.
    I love your burp cloths they are so cute!!! PM me with the instructions if you would I would love to make!! :mrgreen: :-D :P :thumbup: :XD:

They look good. What about a bit of ric rac on them where the fabric joins the toweling?

Quote Originally Posted by sewaholic
    They look good. What about a bit of ric rac on them where the fabric joins the toweling?
    You could do all kinds of extra neat things with them, I just do the minimum to keep the cost down. One thing about ric rac, if it curls after you wash it then that means it may have to be ironed to lay flat again, so that's always a consideration.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast