Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Batick Bubbles Quilt -- Handquilted.

That is beautiful!!!
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Great idea, and what fun to do with strips!

Love the quilting and colors.
    Make A Good Day!
    Janice P. Roy

AWESOME!
    cparant

Blog Entries
    the quilt is striking with all of those pretty colors. I would think you need to ask a pretty penny as to the time that went in. Selling is a matter of luck to a degree, don't be disappointed. Your quilt is very nice, many would love to have it, but even less could afford a handquilted quilt and some are just not willing to pay. However, it's one quilt so all you need is one buyer. Hey if it doesn't sell you are the proud owner of a very lovely quilt. Grace
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

I hope you sell this beauty, but I wouldn't be disappointed either if it didn't sell!

Quilt is lovely..Hope Etsy works for you.

Love this quilt looks like it was fast and fun to make
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

Like the pattern.....how long are those strips....you will have no trouble selling it.....

I love your quilt. Was it hard hand quilting on batik, sine the weave is so tight?
    marcia

To be a good sewer, you have to be a good ripper.

Beautiful! I love batiks and you combined them nicely!

pattern needed,if possible.Thanks!

What pattern did you use? beautiful quilt! I love batiks and would love to do something colorful like this with them.Thanks for sharing.

Very pretty, thanks for sharing.

This is incredible! I have a recently started UFO with a lot of pieces cut for a quilt, and if I could post mine right now you might think I was stealing your inspiration! I've started a different quilt and the teal and purple pieces can't be laid out to take a picture with the other in the way, so the best I could do was dump them out on the floor and spread them out a little so you can see the general idea of the fabrics.

My purples are mostly darker and have quite a bit of blue, green and aqua in addition to the teal. I've had most of these fabrics around for a long time and finally decided to put them together as a variation of the jelly roll race. What I have so far is the 42" long strips all sewn together with the white squares between them. After I got that far I realized that I could double the size of it if I made a corresponding row of white between the colored rows. Some of the delay was caused by having to go out and find more of the white fabric, which luckily was still available. And then I wanted it even bigger, so I bought several more fabrics in the color range. It was a little quilt idea that grew and grew, so that eventually it will be at least a queen size.

I have to say I love yours because it's so much like my own plan. Great minds think alike?

I can assure you mine will not be hand quilted, and I promise I won't copy your bubble idea, even though it's wonderful on this - a great counterpoint to the linear piecing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

very pretty!
    Brenda

the colors are great in this and i love the bubbles! handquilting....wow....takes so much time but it is relaxing and ive only just started so im really new at it and not good at all in my opinion....yours is great! congrats and good luck on either selling or cherishing!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

Blog Entries
    Very nice. I like the mod look of it and the colors are cool!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Very pretty, I love it!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Bubbles were the pefect choice for this rectangular quilt. It is beautiful, by the way.

The colors and the bubbles are gorgeous. You did a great job on this one. I think I'd keep it if I were you.

Nice batiks and the bubbles make it extra fun!
    Shannon

Beautiful!! Love the colours in it.
    Patchwork Crazy!!!

Beautiful work!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
    This is incredible! I have a recently started UFO with a lot of pieces cut for a quilt, and if I could post mine right now you might think I was stealing your inspiration! I've started a different quilt and the teal and purple pieces can't be laid out to take a picture with the other in the way, so the best I could do was dump them out on the floor and spread them out a little so you can see the general idea of the fabrics.

My purples are mostly darker and have quite a bit of blue, green and aqua in addition to the teal. I've had most of these fabrics around for a long time and finally decided to put them together as a variation of the jelly roll race. What I have so far is the 42" long strips all sewn together with the white squares between them. After I got that far I realized that I could double the size of it if I made a corresponding row of white between the colored rows. Some of the delay was caused by having to go out and find more of the white fabric, which luckily was still available. And then I wanted it even bigger, so I bought several more fabrics in the color range. It was a little quilt idea that grew and grew, so that eventually it will be at least a queen size.

I have to say I love yours because it's so much like my own plan. Great minds think alike?

I can assure you mine will not be hand quilted, and I promise I won't copy your bubble idea, even though it's wonderful on this - a great counterpoint to the linear piecing.
    I used the moda bake shop pattern "easy bricks" but had to alter it to work for my strip size. I dont mind if u use "bubbles" Happy quilting!
    ELIZAJANE

Quote Originally Posted by DoriDeS View Post
    Love this quilt looks like it was fast and fun to make
    The piecing itself went fast but I spent alot of time with the placement of the colors to get the look I wanted and the handquilting took a loooong time so overall I was a year with it but I did take breaks
    ELIZAJANE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast