Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Bargello - Check Out the Photo on Page 5 :-)

Blog Entries
    :shock:

Heres my 2 cents worth and that's all it is worth. The figured border will detract from the center and pull your eye away from the beauty of the bargello. Frame it in black and let the bargello have center stage.

Beverly

Am I too late to say, "WOW!" You have one beautiful quilt on your hands. I think you need to put a frame around it to say, "It's done!" and not look unfinished. And, as others have said before me, my opinion is worth absolutely, exactly how much you paid for it! Meanwhile, it's a beauty!

You guys are the best! I knew you would come through for me! I thank you from the bottom of my confused heart! I think I'll add a simple black frame and call it a day. Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions. This board is wonderful to beginners. Especially the color challenged like myself!

My next quilt is pastels! LOL!

Wow, Chele. That's awesome.

WOW! Such a magnificant quilt.

Kyia

Your quilt is wonderful!!! Just wonderful!! I am a scrappy quilter so I favor the border fabric for contrast or I do agree with using a black border....just not toooo black..find a batik that might throw a little color in now and then. Let us see you final result..

Chele ..its gorgeous....What a talent !!! I love it... (Three tumbs up...I don't know how to make them..lol)

I vote for a black border. Its stunning :!:

Blog Entries
    Wow Chele, what an incredible quilt! I can't wait to see it with the black (or dark) border. That one is really a keeper!! (or if you don't want it...I'll send my addie so I can keep it for you :lol: )

I'm with Shadow, large black border to frame the beautiful fabrics and design.

Blog Entries
    That is just beautiful and I think your choice of black or a sold of one of the colors in the bargello would look great.
    What pattern is that? I would love to make it.

That reminds me of a tie-dye t-shirt! Really cool. I'd put a black inner border on that one and pick one of the colors for an outer border.

I say make the double border with a narrow black or dark and the wider 4". Leave the scraps off unless you need it for size as I also think it will take away from the beautiful center. Great work and wonderful colors.

WOW! Your quilt is fantastic.

beautiful quilt. I agree with the black inner border.

I, too, vote for the black border. This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Izy
    I just love batiks!!!! This is a fantastic quilt, whatever you choose I am sure it will be stunning!! Well done Chele!! :) :)

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it, you did an amazing job! I vote for a black border and let the bargello speak for itself. Also, may I ask, where did you find the pattern?

WOW I am also (?) a Batik Freak, I think a black border would look great, say 4-6 inches.

Here's the pattern. Scroll down, it's at the bottom. http://www.seasidequiltingsupplies.com/Freepatternspage1rewrite3.html

Here's the first quilt I made. It's a twisted Bargello. I was advised to stop the "busy" part of the quilt with a dark 1" border before I added more to the quilt. I made a lap quilt into a king sized quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lovely bargello!!!! Might I be so bold as to suggest a small inner black border, about 1 1/2", to close off the action you have going in the pattern. Then, if you want to have a pieced border around the outside it wouldn't distract from the center of the quilt. You could probably even go 2". Your color selection is wonderful. Great job! :) Buddy's Mimi

I am crazy about batiks. Especially when I find them on sale. I keep looking for some to make a jacket with. I'll send a pic of a quilt I saw at a pie contest. I entered a pie and they had all of our town quilts on display. The batik one I saw is beautiful. Pretty cool too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the idea of a small black border to frame, but you might also think of a turquois which would show off that wonderful bargello more subtly.
    I did 3 bargello quilts for my granddaughters the Christmas before last, and didn't border them at all, just let the flow continue. Wonderful quilt!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast