Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 85

Thread: Blue Verona

  1. #1
    Super Member faykilgore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,484

    Blue Verona

    I love seeing everyone's beautiful quilts posted on this board. I wish I had the time to see them all and compliment every one. This one's been a WIP for over a year as I had to keep stopping to make baby quilts! Not complaining. Suggestions on quilting this will be appreciated. The design is Verona by Heather Finnell.
    Attached Images Attached Images


    Fay

    "You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

  2. #2
    Super Member faykilgore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,484
    The quilt inspector is Lambert and he takes his job very seriously!
    Fay

    "You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

  3. #3
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    31,017
    ​Beautiful!

  4. #4
    Super Member knlsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West central Illinois
    Posts
    2,968
    I love it! Whats the pattern?

  5. #5
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    44,573
    Blog Entries
    45
    i don't have suggestions, but the quilt is beautiful
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?


  6. #6
    Senior Member lallyann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    937
    beautiful quilt!!! I love your signature line, it made me chuckle. I am always in search of the perfect job as well and at 37 years old I still tell my kids, and everyone else, that I haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up

  7. #7
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,993
    that is a beautiful blue/white --great job
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

  8. #8
    Super Member ArtsyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Minnesota
    Posts
    2,358
    Your fabrics are lovely and perfectly placed. For quilting, since everything is linear I would do something with curves - either a large meander or circles.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

  9. #9
    Senior Member quiltingme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    599
    Gorgeous quilt!

  10. #10
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    29,909
    Beautiful, perfect piecing.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

  11. #11
    Power Poster mighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Upland CA
    Posts
    18,361
    Beautiuful quilt, not sure how I would quilt it.

  12. #12
    Super Member TacoMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    3,277
    Blog Entries
    2
    Beautiful job and the colors are gorgeous! You did a great job!

  13. #13
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    9,016
    The quilt is beautiful and Lambert is ever so handsome and obviously does take his job very seriously. LOL. Funny how they will go out of their way to make sure a top, WIP etc meets their high expectations.

    What is it you really want to emphasize in this quilt? Is it the embroidered flower in the center of the stars? Is it the piecing? Is it the stars or do you just want function and not form? The design is so striking and prominent you can easily do an all over on this beauty and it would work quite well. If this quilt came to me, the first thing that came to my mind was feathers in all the white background areas (except the embroidered flower that would be echo quilted) to make the piecing pop. But it will need more then that so I would echo the sawtooth star in quilting in the center square of your squares on point. I would probably do the outline shape in a double quilted line 1/4" apart or I would do a heavy background fill like pebbling to get the shape to pop out. A double continuous curve in the rectangle unit that is formed from your star blocks and your square in square blocks meeting. Border treatments, in the dark blue I would put squares on point to echo that block. A nice feather in the outer border and maybe just SITD on the white border, leaving it unquilted. Hey you asked!

  14. #14
    Super Member BizzieLizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,953
    Absolutely stunning! Love the colours. Your quilt inspector seems to approve!
    Patchwork Crazy!!!

  15. #15
    Super Member redquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,188
    I'm afraid I'm not good at offering up quilting advice but I did want to tell you it's a beautiful quilt.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Fuzzykittenbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    near Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
    The quilt inspector is Lambert and he takes his job very seriously!
    OK, first I was going to comment on how beautiful your quilt is and then this just made me laugh! Funny how cats love to lay down on whatever it is we're working/concentrating on...newspapers, quilts, laptop keyboards...it's like they're trying to say "hey, pay attention to me not that newspaper/quilt/laptop...!"

    Great work on the quilt and Lambert's a keeper!

  17. #17
    Power Poster Diane007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,424
    Blog Entries
    1
    very pretty quilt.

  18. #18
    Member DebReed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madison, AL
    Posts
    16
    Beautiful! I like it.
    Deb
    Professional Long Arm Quilter
    http://debsquiltsandthings.blogspot.com/

  19. #19
    Super Member liking quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern Minnesota
    Posts
    3,326
    Blog Entries
    2
    I love your quilt; the pattern, the fabric line, and the colors. (I'm a fan of blues and flowers).
    Mavis

  20. #20
    Super Member Peggy Jeanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    2,365
    Your fabric is beautiful!

  21. #21
    Junior Member Retiree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    125
    Love the quilt and the inspector!

  22. #22
    Evy
    Evy is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, Mo
    Posts
    206
    If you "google" verona quilt by heather finnell" it takes you to the web page for blank quilting and it's one of their free patterns.

  23. #23
    Super Member faykilgore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    The quilt is beautiful and Lambert is ever so handsome and obviously does take his job very seriously. LOL. Funny how they will go out of their way to make sure a top, WIP etc meets their high expectations.

    What is it you really want to emphasize in this quilt? Is it the embroidered flower in the center of the stars? Is it the piecing? Is it the stars or do you just want function and not form? The design is so striking and prominent you can easily do an all over on this beauty and it would work quite well. If this quilt came to me, the first thing that came to my mind was feathers in all the white background areas (except the embroidered flower that would be echo quilted) to make the piecing pop. But it will need more then that so I would echo the sawtooth star in quilting in the center square of your squares on point. I would probably do the outline shape in a double quilted line 1/4" apart or I would do a heavy background fill like pebbling to get the shape to pop out. A double continuous curve in the rectangle unit that is formed from your star blocks and your square in square blocks meeting. Border treatments, in the dark blue I would put squares on point to echo that block. A nice feather in the outer border and maybe just SITD on the white border, leaving it unquilted. Hey you asked!
    Wow, thank you! I like a lot of your ideas, esp feathers in the white areas.
    Fay

    "You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

  24. #24
    Super Member faykilgore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Evy View Post
    If you "google" verona quilt by heather finnell" it takes you to the web page for blank quilting and it's one of their free patterns.
    It was a free pattern I got from my LQS many years ago. If they are offering the same pattern, there is an error in it so if you can find it, beware.
    Fay

    "You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

  25. #25
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,174
    Beautiful quilt!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.