Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Which bunny?  Opinions please >

Which bunny? Opinions please

Which bunny? Opinions please

Old 07-09-2012, 08:33 PM

Ok I can see the regular bunny colors as being good or the home spuns, but I defiantly see those brights in the lower left colors as butterfly's and flowers in the grass or even kites in the sky but I think the brights would really make the whole thing pop some extra action. So I vote for reg. bunnies and some added attractions. I love the quilt you made as the back ground it's going to be perfect to do an appl. scene on.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:16 AM

I sure would like to see those bunnies done in those nice little plaids and checks!! But whatever you choose will look great and the Mom will love it!! So will the baby!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:38 AM

I like the natural bunny colors myself. Will be an adorable quilt whichever way you go!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 AM

Don't care much for the homespuns with your beautiful background. I do like the contrast of the bunny colors. I have always been told to make the baby quilts to last longer than infancy, so the bunnies in "cutesy" colors don't always go over well. You have made it bright, so use the bunny colors, and I like EvelynJ's idea of butterflies and maybe a few flowers to add more brights.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by laurafet View Post
Don't care much for the homespuns with your beautiful background. I do like the contrast of the bunny colors. I have always been told to make the baby quilts to last longer than infancy, so the bunnies in "cutesy" colors don't always go over well. You have made it bright, so use the bunny colors, and I like EvelynJ's idea of butterflies and maybe a few flowers to add more brights.
Me,too.

The background is 'bright' - and the darker colors in the top left contrast nicely with it.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 AM

I like the bright prints, but maybe the homespun is more boyish. I would go with even brighter colors, or add some really, really bright colored flowers, bugs, butterflies, etc. Really great background quilt.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:14 AM

like the dark colours so the bunnies will stand out on the beautiful quilt
Old 07-10-2012, 06:07 AM

I like the homespuns. I think they will look great on the base quilt. The "bunny" colors I think will be too in your face and pull your eye from the rest of the quilt. If that makes any sense.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

To me it is all about contrast. I liked the natural bunny batiks you have pictured in the upper left corner, for flowers and butterflies your repros. The homespuns don't offer enough contrast IMHO and look a bit washed out next to the bright flannel. If this were mine, I would ditch the repros as well and go for bright jeweltones for the flowers and butterflies. but that is just me.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 AM

DogHouseMom your "base quilt" is fabulous!!! Please share your finished bunny quilt.