Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Charisma has nothing to fear from me....LOL

I've been practicing on my new machine. Yes, this was intentional. I was trying to use up every bit of "white" space. Good thing I have no plans to earn money doing this. But, I am having fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I missed you in the chat room but figured you were busy on your machine. You will feel more confident day by day. I am so happy for you

And you have nothing to fear from me. You efforts are better than mine!

Have fun!! wish I had a long arm!! I'd be so busy doing my own stuff that I wouldn't be able to earn any extra money!!

we all had to start like you are.have fun.you will learn more as time goes on

i only wish i had a long arm to sew bad on LOL

Blog Entries
    You are off to a great start! I'm just starting too. Looks like your tension is good and I think your feather looks great. Mine look like the bird had some sort of fungus disease!

LOL...I have one that looks similar. I put binding on it and used it to wrap my grandma's antique cabinet before I put it into storage. Fabric and batting are expensive to doodle on so you have to make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    You are off to a great start! I'm just starting too. Looks like your tension is good and I think your feather looks great. Mine look like the bird had some sort of fungus disease!
    LOL! Bet it doesn't look that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    HA!! I love your comment ... note that you're seeing the end of what's on the frame. The beginning is well hidden.

Blog Entries
    Every squiggle helps you to learn. One day you will do a quilt that you are very proud of. Enjoy the process. Keep us posted as you gain confidence:)

Hey you should see the 7 or 8 12" blocks I practiced on...lol. Don't know if I will live long enough to get all the practice done that I will need!

You're doing great. Practice is what it takes. And don't be afraid to doodle, doodle and doodle some more. Relaxing and getting use to the machine is what it takes. Have fun, experiment and you will be surprised at what you can do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by isewhappy
    I've been practicing on my new machine. Yes, this was intentional. I was trying to use up every bit of "white" space. Good thing I have no plans to earn money doing this. But, I am having fun!

Oh MY goodness! How could I NOT comment on this :lol:

You know we all start somewhere! I think it looks GREAT! I have seen way worse from a beginner...don't be so hard on yourself! I LOVE that you are working so hard and practicing!

I don't live in fear I think there is room for all of us! I like to encourage everyone! I think we all learn from each other...that is why I am always willing to help everyone...just ask!
    Happy QUILTING!

Blog Entries
    Finish that up and bind it with or without a border. Too bad you are not using black thread - this looks like a Zendoodle - one of the latest crazes. I have really been thinking about trying to do something like this (black on white) as the zendoodles look so neat on paper. Do a google search for sendoodle or better still - check it out on youtube. Your practice looks great to me!

Blog Entries
    Great start, Have to practice every chance you get & before you know it it will be a breeze to just pick up those handles & away you go!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janquiltz
    Finish that up and bind it with or without a border. Too bad you are not using black thread - this looks like a Zendoodle - one of the latest crazes. I have really been thinking about trying to do something like this (black on white) as the zendoodles look so neat on paper. Do a google search for sendoodle or better still - check it out on youtube. Your practice looks great to me!
    I love zendoodles! They are so coll!

Blog Entries
    Oh your quilting is great! One day you will look back and see how well you did when you started. Yes definately bind it and use it as a quilt. It will be unique.
    Charisma your name is an apt description of who you are, a very empowering, supportive and wize lady.

It is a priviledge to be part of this board.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    I am in trouble, if that is practice, cause all of my quilts look that way ;)

When I first started, I bought two yd lengths of cheap prints from Walmart and used muslin on the back. When I was done playing, I would bind it and use it as a lap quilt while I watched TV or in the backseat of my car when hauling hot food to the church. And my first tries looked about like yours, except my feathers were really wonky! Just have fun for awhile....I have a "practice" quilt on right now. It keeps me practicing while I'm putting quilts together.

Blog Entries
    Looks good to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Janquiltz
    Maybe I should frame it and hang it on the wall? I'll call it My Picaso Quilting. LOL

Blog Entries
    great job, practice, practice, practice

actually it`s very artistic!!!

Hey that's why my first ones looked like. Now do some cheap binding on it and donate it to the humane society!!! I donated five that looked like that! LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast