Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
colleen does another bow tuck >

colleen does another bow tuck

colleen does another bow tuck

Old 07-09-2011, 06:17 PM

i am going to make the other one later on tonight.. if you have any questions i am here for you..

ty everyone for your sweet comments !
Old 07-09-2011, 06:31 PM

Oooohh, the colors are wonderful.

How do you finish the inside bottom of the bag. I alway's have trouble with this part. TY
Old 07-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Banned

how easy are these? about how long do they take from start to finish???

I am wanting to try my hand them..have the pattern on order..can I get several done for Christmas???
Old 07-09-2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Oooohh, the colors are wonderful.

How do you finish the inside bottom of the bag. I alway's have trouble with this part. TY
with the opening i close mine with fabric white glue and place a weight on it till it dries.
then i use a thin board ,,the kind that you use in the bottom of dressers and i make a sleeve for it.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Colleen your bags are really beautiful! You combine the colours so well and that blue one is a beauty. I have made a couple but must get busy and make a few for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

I am wanting to try my hand them..have the pattern on order..can I get several done for Christmas???
my first one took me about 5 hours.. i can do one in about 2 1/2 hours now. but i have made about 60 of them..lol
i can make two in a day with taking breaks,,etc.. if i am in a rush.. so yes you can make several by Christmas.. I can answer any questions that you may have..or take pictures to help you understand something.. just send me a pm.. I am here to help anyone who needs it..
Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 PM

Very professional job - I like the colors and your finish work is excellent. I have been making many of these lately - my friends and my mom's friends all want one - so now I am adding $$$ to increase my fabric stash.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Very nice, love the color
Old 07-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by colleen53

my first one took me about 5 hours.. i can do one in about 2 1/2 hours now. but i have made about 60 of them..lol
i can make two in a day with taking breaks,,etc.. if i am in a rush.. so yes you can make several by Christmas.. I can answer any questions that you may have..or take pictures to help you understand something.. just send me a pm.. I am here to help anyone who needs it..
Thank you so much for you detailed answer...I love to do MASS sewings..so I would wash, iron, cut, and prepare several at one time...is this possible with this bag..it appears to be from your pix...
I am thinking I need 12-15 done by Christmas...and I have three 3 day retreats in there to work solely on them!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by colleen53

Thank you so much for you detailed answer...I love to do MASS sewings..so I would wash, iron, cut, and prepare several at one time...is this possible with this bag..it appears to be from your pix...
I am thinking I need 12-15 done by Christmas...and I have three 3 day retreats in there to work solely on them!
yes you can do mass productions... do all the cutting of each bag and fleece and bag them in zip locks
then you can do handles, ties... pockets.. whatever you wanted.. makes them go together pretty darn fast that way. i have done 4 at a time in that manner..worked out good to have them all cut and bagged.