Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Crown Royal French Braid is ready to be sewn together!

The pattern is from the book French Braid Quilts by Jane Hardy Miller.

Great book!

I love your braids and the Crown Royal theme. You did an awesome job. Make sure to post a pic when you get the top all completed. I will share it with the author of the book. She will love it!

Blog Entries
    That really is stunning! Do I see skull and crossbones? I'm assuming it has to do with Crown Royal. :oops: I looked up that it is an alcoholic drink.

Banned
    Kathy, it's for one of my best friends in the world. He's color blind, so I thought this variation would be visually pleasing in the blacks/whites. Plus, he's a Crown Royal nut, not to mention a salty ol' Navy guy. Here's a shot of the backing I was asking about in an earlier thread. It's actually a lightweight HUGE beachtowel. It fits so perfectly with his "Mr. Pervy" side that I just had to use it somehow. I plan on enlarging it to fit the quilt with the black dot fabric of the front outer border, then bind it probably in the same. You know, this quilt has been sooooo fun to do. I really had to put all of my personal preferences aside and try to capture the persona of someone else, and with it being a guy, that wasn't easy :D Especially this guy, he's QUITE a character! I started about 5 different patterns at first, but I knew within a block or two, they just weren't right. Then, I tried this one and it not only "talked" to me, it screamed at me "what took you so long"! I love it when the pattern and the fabric just tell you somehow that it right. I'm trying to have it done by July 1st so I can personally take it to him when I go to Idaho for the holiday week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! Thats wonderful. I really like the black and white shades. While all the frence braids I have seen have been nice, this one imakes me want to try one myself. Love it!

Blog Entries
    Please, PLEASE, have someone ready to take his picture when he gets this!

Banned
    I'll be right there with the camera. I'd take a video if I could but I'm sure he will use his normally "colorful" language and I probably couldn't post it without many many bleeps:)

Blog Entries
    You can still post the video- just have the warning that it is for :oops: adults only!

OR rated "R" :mrgreen:

He should love it!! I do think it'd be fun to see photos of him receiving it. It's great that you found just the right theme for him.

That is GREAT!!!!! I love the french braid in black & white, the crown royal adds a great touch but the pirate is awesome!!!
    I have several guys I know who would love it!
    Jo

How big is this and how wide are the strips?

Blog Entries
    nice french braid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2