Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
An English Country Sewing Room >

An English Country Sewing Room

An English Country Sewing Room

Old 08-04-2010, 01:46 PM

What a beautiful sewing room. I can picture the old English school houses (went to two when I was little), and they would be just perfect for a quilting (creative) room. I also like the half doors that look outside. You're fortunate :) Enjoy.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
Thank you , I can't work in a mess, I'm one of those TIDY ppl!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
Yeah, and Sharon B is the quiet one (see KayKay's Mare Stare Thread)! LOL
Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 PM

Great room and set up. I love the two Ikea tables with the storage bins. They look like they were made to go under the tables! Your quilts are beautiful. I especially like the WIP on your design wall. What are the names of these patterns?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 PM

Can I make my appointment now? :)

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by tinwoods
It's a quilters dream come true, so well planned. Did you install the cork floor or did it come with the building? Also what type of lighting do you have for night sewing? Are you planning on any on-site tours, sounds like several of us would love to see it! Thanks for sharing.
The cork was already installed, all we did was give it a couple of fresh coats of clear, matt varnish and I have to say, it's ideal - warm and soft on my barefoot (I always hop around in one shoe, right foot bare for the foot pedal!) and easy to clean. I got one of those swiffy duster on a stick things, like at the hairdressers, a friend said and a quick flick round with that picks up all the threads and scraps. :-D

On site tours by appointment, all welcome, Pimms served in the garden afterwards. ;) Oh, don't know if you have Pimms in the States, it's a classic English summer drink, a kind of punch with fruit in it, and it's deceptively strong so we'll all be giggly in no time! :mrgreen: )
Old 08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by k3n
Thank you , I can't work in a mess, I'm one of those TIDY ppl!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
See Terri they do believe me I am the quiet one :thumbup: :lol:
Old 08-05-2010, 12:25 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by k3n
See Terri they do believe me I am the quiet one :thumbup: :lol:
Yeah right, and is that a little porky pig I see flying past my window! :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-05-2010, 12:27 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rexene
Great room and set up. I love the two Ikea tables with the storage bins. They look like they were made to go under the tables! Your quilts are beautiful. I especially like the WIP on your design wall. What are the names of these patterns?
Thanks Rexene - that's a One Block Wonder made by the technique in the books of the same name by Maxine Rosenthal. They are something of an obsession of mine - that one is my 9th and last night I began cutting my 10th. :mrgreen: :-D
Old 08-05-2010, 12:28 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Can I make my appointment now? :)

On site tours by appointment, all welcome, Pimms served in the garden afterwards. ;) Oh, don't know if you have Pimms in the States, it's a classic English summer drink, a kind of punch with fruit in it, and it's deceptively strong so we'll all be giggly in no time! :mrgreen: )
[/quote]

Of course - so long as you leave your suitcases at the door!

:mrgreen:
Old 08-05-2010, 03:25 AM
k3n
Power Poster

OK I finally got back on the PC hoorah! For those that were interested, here's a photo of the outside of the house - my 'studio' (get me!) is to the right and behind the garage, as you look at the pic. :-D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-92008.jpe  
Old 08-05-2010, 03:40 AM

:shock: good use of an amazing room. as a retired school teacher. to have a school room to turn into a sewing room would be just to thrilling to express. great room.... :)