Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fabric I bought at that new quilt shop.  All sale items here. >

Fabric I bought at that new quilt shop. All sale items here.

Fabric I bought at that new quilt shop. All sale items here.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:08 PM

I WANT TO TOUCH IT!
tlrnhi--you always crack me up. On another post somewhere you said the poster was probably rolling around in her new fabric. I smile every time I go into my quilting room and just smell these pieces--and touch them. I haven't even washed them yet, and the fabric store smells wonderful-so, so do the fabrics. The Thimbleberries feels rougher than the fallish ones. Those ones are silky. Ahhhhhh.....

So--I'm not sewing this week, but I am touching these ones a lot. :wink:

No plans yet for the new ones--just the Sunny Day style for the last photo. I have 9--yes 9--small tops to finish. Plus I have to finish Kennedy's b-day wall hanging of the barn--and then I have to start my niece's wedding ragged flannel.....
Old 04-11-2008, 04:34 AM

Karla ~ What gorgeous fabric! I live in Fayetteville, NY and noticed your location is the fingerlakes area of NY. So, where is this quilt store located? If it isn't too far from us, I have a couple of quilting girlfriends who love to take "road trips" just to check out different quilt stores, lunch, etc ...... a day can't get much better than that. In our area we have Calico Gals (Fayetteville), Mission Rose (No Syracuse) and Patchwork Place (Marcellus). Each store has its own personality, but they are all great stores.
Donita
Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 AM

ooooooooooh love the fabrics!!!! the sunflower quilt will be a nice burst of sunshine whatever pattern you use!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:14 PM

Donita--the new store is in Naples! That's about 25 min from me. I think you'd be about an hour or so away. :D When I do a quilt shop run, I love to go to 2 Mennonite shops, and another locally owned (but more expensive) shop. These stores are in Himrod, outside of Penn Yan, and outside of Stanely.

That'd be fun to meet a forum person!!