Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fall Splash FINAL lay-out. I WILL NOT change it again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ugh--I wish I was easier to please. I've had three final lay-outs. :roll: :| :roll: :|

It was exciting to make something from an EQ6 design--but I wish I wasn't SO PICKY!

Now I just have to sew it together.

Here's the story:

This it? Nope.
    Name:  Attachment-4239.jpe
Views: 57
Size:  52.1 KB

Final? Nope.
    Name:  Attachment-4471.jpe
Views: 59
Size:  53.7 KB

FINAL. No more changes. :-)
    Name:  Attachment-4544.jpe
Views: 58
Size:  52.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quick start sewing before you change your mind again :shock: LOL Just kidding looks GREAT :thumbup:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    sharon--I just added the rest. I'm not going to look at it. I'm sick of looking at it! :roll:

I looked. I see one that needs changing.

Blog Entries
    LMBO Karla... I think it is a ver pretty quilt and layout :D:D:D

I love it! I like the way one color fades into the next. I think you're a genius!

Karla, it's going to be another winner. It's just as I imagine it would feel to stand under a fall tree canopy. (Being a California girl, raised on the coast, I have to imagine this.) It's beautiful!

That's awesome :D

Wait a minute. Maybe if you move the top le----NO! Just kidding-it looks great, Karla. Your color choices are beautiful. Just love it.

i really like that

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Wait a minute. Maybe if you move the top le----NO! Just kidding-it looks great, Karla. Your color choices are beautiful. Just love it.

:lol: :lol: You had my attention there for a minute!!

I sent this link to these to my daughter. She's on her way back to college from a weekend camping trip--I'm afraid she's going to have a suggestion--a very good suggestion--when she sees them. But at least it's not like laying out a 100 block log cabin!!

Remind me--once the horse tops are done--to try a two fabric pattern of SQUARES! Better yet, BIG RECTANGLES!

Hey Karla,
    Good decision.....it looks great....quick, just sew it together before you have to think about the borders...oops sorry, don't think about it, you can do this... :lol: :thumbup:

Ditter

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I already decided--no borders. But the binding may be tricky--I want green by the greens, bright by the brights, darks by the darks. I need to study that "keep it simple" lesson some more.

That is going to be really pretty and unique, great job

Pam
    Nice job. Why keep it simple? Go for it!!

This I like very much. I'll think of doiing one similer. Theresse

You know if you change that one you will start changing others!
    Reminds me of fall leaves.

Absolutely beautiful as the final. Can't see a block you should change. Thanks for the trip down picture lane to the end.

Blog Entries
    I've been following your progress. I admire your designs and your patience. Great job. I think your 'final' layout is perfect. Now sew it before you change it again. Are you going to do borders and if so, do you have any ideas for them?

absoloutely gorgeous!

It is so beautiful! I am ready to start sewing on mine. I've been cutting for awhile now, yuk! I have read a few different ways to sew them, some say not to sew all the ways to the center of the points, what do you suggest? Thanks so much.

looks great but maybe u should use a little bit lighter shade on the ends...just kidding..looks great again! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by barnbum
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN

:lol: :lol: You had my attention there for a minute!!

I sent this link to these to my daughter. She's on her way back to college from a weekend camping trip--I'm afraid she's going to have a suggestion--a very good suggestion--when she sees them. But at least it's not like laying out a 100 block log cabin!!

Remind me--once the horse tops are done--to try a two fabric pattern of SQUARES! Better yet, BIG RECTANGLES!
    Quick.....start sewing...before she sees it in person.

Really like your color progression. Good luck with the binding, sounds like a great - but difficult - plan :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roselady
    It is so beautiful! I am ready to start sewing on mine. I've been cutting for awhile now, yuk! I have read a few different ways to sew them, some say not to sew all the ways to the center of the points, what do you suggest? Thanks so much.
    Weeeellll... I figured out a way to do it that worked for me when I did Kayak on the Lake, then I read the book that came with the rulers and found out I was doing it nearly the opposite way the ruler person says to. I even do things she says NOT to do. Sigh. :roll: I tried it her way with this top--but the squares came out bad. So--I went back to my idea.

I lay out the eight larger triangles first--then pair them up and sew and iron. Then I lay those pairs out and sew them and iron. I iron all these seams going the same direction. Then I sew the two halves together and iron that seam open. Then I add the outer smaller four triangles and iron out. I asked my quilter if the centers gave her any trouble on Kayak-and she said "not a bit!" I like how they look--they have a kind of swirl in the middle (well, when everything matches up nicely).

I'd love to see what you're doing! What colors?? Good luck! :-D

Boston--Rachel liked the last one best!! Whew!! :lol:

Farmer Girl (love that name!)--I did something similar before (barn quilt) and you are so right--it was a pain! But--I think it's best for this, so I shall pursue and endure. :lol:

I have the design on EQ6, but unlike you, I don't know how to get it from there to here! If I can figure out how to do that, I'd be happy to show you what I have planned!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast