Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finished my newest beauty "Cornflowers Quilt" >

Finished my newest beauty "Cornflowers Quilt"

Finished my newest beauty "Cornflowers Quilt"

Old 04-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Amazing work of art :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Very pretty!Hope your neck and back pain improves.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by insgal62
I finished recently my new favorite quilt called Cornflowers. As soon as I saw this quilt in a book, I fell in love with it and just knew I had to make it. I have chronic back and neck pain and usually can't work too long each day, but I just could not stop working on this quilt because I couldn't wait to get it done!! The piecing of the border combined with the gorgeous center and of course my favorite part, the appliqued cornflowers just kept me working until I thought my head would fall off my shoulders!!! I fell in love with the colors as I just love purples and greens. I am going to put it in my guest bedroom. All I have left to do is make some pillow cases and pillow shams. How do you all like it??

Also, I would love some ideas as to how I should make the pillow shams. Maybe make them in white and applique the cornflowers on them?? I'd love some feedback!!
Your applique is amazing what technique to you use?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:44 AM

Such a beautiful quilt! Your colors are delightful!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:47 AM

Beautiful!!! Love it!!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by WI SANDY
This is absolutely gorgeous. What book did you find the pattern in?
The book I got the Cornflowers Quilt from is called "Dear Pam... Teach Me Your Quick Quilting Techniques" by Pam Bono. It is no longer in print but has some fabulous quilt projects in it. You can purchase used copies that are in good to excellent condition on Amazon.com from $6.50 and up plus $4.00 shipping. I paid way more for this book when I bought it. I also wanted to say not to hesitate to buy a used book from Amazon.com because I buy used quilt books all the time from them and I have never been unhappy. Lastly, The picture that is shown on Amazon's website on the cover of the book is incorrect. That was an older edition. The one you will get has a beautiful quilt with pink roses on the cover and that was the last edition before it went out of print. But I paid over $23.00 for the book so I would grab it if you like the quilt.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Afton
Originally Posted by insgal62
I finished recently my new favorite quilt called Cornflowers. As soon as I saw this quilt in a book, I fell in love with it and just knew I had to make it. I have chronic back and neck pain and usually can't work too long each day, but I just could not stop working on this quilt because I couldn't wait to get it done!! The piecing of the border combined with the gorgeous center and of course my favorite part, the appliqued cornflowers just kept me working until I thought my head would fall off my shoulders!!! I fell in love with the colors as I just love purples and greens. I am going to put it in my guest bedroom. All I have left to do is make some pillow cases and pillow shams. How do you all like it??

Also, I would love some ideas as to how I should make the pillow shams. Maybe make them in white and applique the cornflowers on them?? I'd love some feedback!!
Your applique is amazing what technique to you use?
I keep it very simple. I use wunder under to fuse it down, then I use a fairly small zig zag stitch to hold it down.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo
Very pretty!Hope your neck and back pain improves.
Me too! I'm having neck surgery soon followed by lumbar surgery in about 5 or 6 months. Seeing surgeon Monday to get date for the surgery. I'm hoping it's soon as this is really slowing me down with my sewing. It's time though, I've been in pain 15 years. Time to git er done!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:42 PM

wow that is beautiful...
Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
Just gorgeous!!! I'm glad your head didn't fall off your shoulders...LOL
Tee-Hee!! It still might fall off Colleen!! Having neck surgery very soon. Have to see the surgeon Monday to get the date set up.