Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Garden Twist Accessories - Rug

Garden Twist Accessories - Rug

Here is the link to my posting on http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t248171.html. I am slowing adding accessories to the set. The two rugs are made w/the packed floral w/one of my favorite fabrics Moonlight teal glitter - narrow border, then pink batik border, bound in the dark green. Same pantograph, same thread. I've made rugs before using towels as the backing and felt as the batting (stiffer than batting). Just a touch too thick to put on the frame without raising the foot. I didn't want to do that as it is quilting like a dream. So, I used 2 layers of poly felt from JAF, white in the middle and the dark green as the backing. Not a lot thicker than a quilt sandwich, but stiffer. The beauty of using felt is that there are so many colors to choose from and it's 72" wide for the backing. Sprayed the back w/Super Grip. Also completed 2 nightstand toppers (look just like the rugs, only in miniature). Making a dresser runner using the Garden Twist pattern. Will post pics as soon as completed. Working on 2 pillow shams to match. Doing a faux piped mock double flange (looks like 2 layers of fabric). Learned that from EB - her log cabin book has a mock double ruffle for a pillow. I've used it to make pillow shams.
    Just read the first post, I added the nightstand toppers to my list and I'm going to do a lampshade using the floral bouquet w/faux piped binding on the top and bottom of the shade.

Name:  1-Garden Twist rug.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  220.3 KB Name:  2-Garden Twist Rug back.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  141.5 KB
    "Proud Parent of an American Airman in Red Horse Squadron"
    "Proud Grandparent of an American Air Force SERE"

Power Poster
    ​Lovely rug!

Great looking addition to your deco........like that idea with the felt...need to make some placemats for cats(3) dishes. Off to JAF.......

What a great idea,beautiful

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    It looks beautiful. Thanks for the info. A rug is perfect.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Love the floral print !
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Great looking rug.